Nutella Surprise Banana Muffins. Fluffy banana muffins with a surprise Nutella interior -- these muffins are great to have on hand for breakfasts or snacks!
These muffins might look like simple banana muffins, but get ready for a fun surprise when you bite into them! Just the right amount of creamy Nutella in every bite. If you haven't tried it yet, banana and Nutella together is SUCH a good combination!
↑ Just look at that gooey Nutella inside!! 😍
I usually add chocolate chips to my banana muffins, because you know you need extra chocolate for breakfast... Healthy choice? No. Delicious choice? Absolutely!!!
These muffins just have a spoonful of Nutella in each muffin instead of chocolate chips. I like to look at as just another way to get in your daily dose of chocolate! It is Vitamin C, after all!! hahaha
Here are some links to a few of my favourite muffin recipes on my site!
- Zucchini Lemon Poppyseed Muffins -- perfect for summertime if you have zucchini on your garden!
- Carrot Muffins -- I really want to make these again sometime soon!! Haha, that's what happens when you are always making new recipes! You sometimes don't have time to make your old ones! #foodbloggerproblems
- Double Chocolate Banana Muffins -- another great banana muffin recipe, you can get a double dose of chocolate with these muffins!
If you make this recipe, I invite you to please share an honest review in the comments below, or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets!
Nutella Surprise Banana Muffins
- 12-count muffin tin(s)
- muffin liners or non-stick spray
- mixing bowl
- electric handheld mixer
- measuring cups & spoons
- silicone spatula
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 15 teaspoons Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)
- Preheat the oven to 325℉. Line muffin tins with parchment paper liners or grease with non-stick spray or butter.
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl with a handheld mixer on high speed. Add the eggs, vanilla, and mashed bananas and continue mixing until fluffy.
- Next, add the flour and baking soda and continue mixing on low speed until just incorporated.
- Fill each muffin liner half full with batter. Then, drop a measuring teaspoonful of Nutella into each. Then add another spoonful of batter to each liner to cover the Nutella. Bake the muffins one pan at a time in the preheated oven for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the muffin part comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Bake the remaining muffins. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,
Soft and yummy. Doubled great but only used six large bananas. Also, cooked two muffin pans in the oven and took 20 minutes. Definitely couldn’t let them cool for 10 minutes and just ate them. 😂
Awesome!! So glad this recipe worked so well for you!