These Zucchini Lemon Poppyseed Muffins are a family favourite - super moist and full of lemon & poppyseed flavour! A great way to use up that zucchini from the garden.
I love having muffins on hand for quick & easy breakfasts with yogurt and fruit. While banana muffins are really awesome, I do enjoy having a good variety of muffin recipes to switch it up each time I make muffins. More muffin recipes = more exciting breakfasts!
What makes these muffins so moist?
- Oil. While I usually try to make my muffins with butter, this recipe is best made with oil as it's harder to achieve a moist texture while using butter as your fat.
- Buttermilk and lemon juice. The acid in buttermilk & lemon juice reacts with the baking powder & soda to create gas, leavening the muffins and making them light and moist.
- Instant Pudding Mix. This might seem like an odd ingredient to include in a muffin recipe, but trust me, it makes muffins SO moist! Plus, the lemon pudding mix amps up the lemon flavour in the recipe. It's a win win!
I hope this family favourite recipe becomes one of your favourites, too!
If you make this recipe, I invite you to please share an honest review in the comments below, or share on social media using #kneadsomesweets! Happy Baking!
Zucchini Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
- muffin tin(s)
- muffin liners or non-stick spray
- mixing bowl
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup oil
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup instant lemon pudding mix (approx ½ package)
- zest & juice of 1 lemon (about ¼ cup)
- 1 cup finely grated zucchini
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup poppyseed
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line muffin tin(s) with muffin liners or spray with non-stick spray.
- Whisk together the eggs, sugar, oil, lemon extract, buttermilk, instant pudding mix, and lemon juice & zest in a large bowl. Stir in the grated zucchini.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and poppyseed and stir until just incorporated. Fill each cup in the prepared muffin tin(s) to the top with batter and bake in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,