These Apricot Thumbprint Cookies are simple but delicious! The slightly tart fruitiness of the apricot jam pairs well with the delicate buttery sweetness of the cookies.Jump to Recipe
Thumbprints are a great classic cookie to make around Christmastime. They are most commonly made with raspberry jam, but I thought apricot jam would be a yummy variation.
I have always loved apricots, they are just so delicious! Fresh apricots, dried apricots (my favourite!! They are like candy to me!), and apricot jam. I feel like apricot is such a sophisticated flavour, so I think these cookies seem fancy because of the apricot jam. Let's be even a little more hoity-toity and call it "apricot preserves" for the sake of sophistication. lolololol
Here are some more Christmas cookie recipes to try next!
- No-Roll Sugar Cookies -- The easiest, no-fuss way to make chewy homemade sugar cookies!
- Best Ever Ginger Cookies -- My absolute favourite recipe for delightfully spicy and chewy ginger cookies!
- Mint Chocolate Crinkle Cookies -- Made with Andes chocolate mints, these super chocolatey cookies are a favourite every year!
- Glazed Eggnog Cookies -- Melt in your mouth delicious and topped with creamy eggnog icing, these cookies are so good!
- Macadamia Nut Shortbread Cookies -- These shortbread cookies are made with brown sugar for an extra rich flavour that goes wonderfully with the buttery macadamia nuts!
In addition to being utterly delightful tasting, these thumbprint cookies are also very simple and fast to make with no chilling time required! I don't know about you, but this is a big deal for me, especially at Christmas when you are already busy with a million other things. Easy and quick Christmas cookies is just what you need.
If you make this recipe (or have made any of my recipes!), I invite you to please share an authentic review and star rating in the comments below. Or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets and please be sure to tag me so that I can see it. Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets! ♡
Apricot Thumbprint Cookies
- baking sheet(s)
- parchment paper
- mixing bowls
- measuring cups & spoons
- electric handheld mixer
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup apricot jam
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter, sugar, and brown sugar for 1 minute using an electric handheld mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on high speed.
- Add the egg yolk and vanilla and continue creaming until fluffy. Add the flour and mix at low speed just until fully incorporated.
- Scoop the cookie dough into 1 tablespoon-sized portions and roll well to form smooth, uniform balls. Place on the prepared baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between each cookie for spreading room.
- Make an indent in each cookie dough ball using either your thumb or I like to use a well-floured round ½ teaspoon measuring spoon to do this. Fill each indent with apricot jam.
- Bake cookies, one pan at a time, in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden on the bottoms and the jam should be bubbly. Let cool for at least 10 minutes on the baking sheet. Bake the remaining cookies. Enjoy!