Nutella Rice Crispy Squares. A fun & easy twist on classic rice crispy squares using this delicious chocolate hazelnut spread!
Rice crispy squares have got to be one of the most popular dessert/snack foods out there. Something about this crispy rice cereal and marshmallow treat that is both chewy and crunchy at the same time has captivated many a taste bud since 1939 when they were first invented!
Perhaps it's the fact that rice crispy squares are so simple to make. Maybe it is because they are just really tasty! Whatever might be the draw, I know that people young and old have loved these yummy treats for 80 years already!
These squares would be a great addition to a lunch box! Or a good Christmas goodie plate square! Please keep in mind that there are nuts in this recipe.
If you make this recipe, I invite you to please share an honest review in the comments below, or share on social media using #kneadsomesweets!
Nutella Rice Crispy Squares
- 9x9-inch pan
- non-stick cooking spray
- large mixing bowl
- rubber spatula
- measuring cups & spoons
- 200 grams large or mini marshmallows (about ½ bag)
- ¼ cup salted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup Nutella
- 5 cups rice crispy cereal
- Spray a 9x9-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray or grease with butter.
- In a large bowl, microwave the marshmallows and butter for 60 seconds until melted. Add the vanilla and Nutella and stir until just incorporated. Add the rice crispy cereal and fold with a spatula until to mixture just comes together.
- Press into the prepared pan with a greased spatula and smooth the top to level. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before slicing into squares. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,