Here is my recipe for moist yet fluffy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins that are easy to make and full of mashed banana and chocolate chips! Save this one for when you have ripe bananas on the counter!
Everyone needs a recipe for classic banana muffins in their recipe collection. While I have recipes for other flavours of banana muffins such as these gingerbread banana muffins or my Nutella-filled banana muffins, I realized that I don't have a recipe for regular banana muffins with chocolate chips. Sometimes simple is best and I think that is exactly the case here!
You may, of course, completely omit the chocolate chips from this recipe or reduce the amount if you would like these muffins to be a little healthier. Or you could replace them with chopped nuts. I think pecans or walnuts would be delicious here!
Here are some more yummy muffin recipes to try next!
- Blueberry Pecan Muffins - My favourite recipe for fluffy and soft blueberry muffins topped with the best brown sugar pecan streusel. Delish!
- Zucchini Lemon Poppyseed Muffins - This is my family's top recipe for zucchini muffins! Be sure to save this one for zucchini season.
- Hawaii Muffins Recipe - These tropical muffins are filled with bright and sunny flavours of coconut, banana, and pineapple and topped with an incredible macadamia nut crumb and coconut milk icing. SO tasty!
If you make this recipe (or have made any of my recipes!), I invite you to please share an authentic review and star rating in the comments below. Or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets and please be sure to tag me so that I can see it. Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets! ♡
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 12-count muffin tin(s)
- non-stick cooking spray
- mixing bowls
- measuring cups & spoons
- electric handheld mixer
- silicone spatula
- ½ cup salted butter softened
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups ripe mashed bananas (approximately 4 bananas)
- ½ cup sour cream (or yogurt)
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Grease the muffin tin(s) with non-stick spray or line with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl using an electric handheld mixer, cream the softened butter, sugar, and brown sugar on medium speed for 1 minute. Add the eggs, vanilla, mashed bananas and sour cream and continue beating for 30 seconds until fluffy.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda and beat on low speed just until incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin(s), filling each cup (18 in total) about ¾ full with batter. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the muffin tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,