These Double Chocolate Banana Muffins are going to be your new favourite! Insanely easy to whip up and certainly splendid in the taste department!
I love making muffins! Here's why:
- They are usually pretty easy to prepare - and quick!
- You can really eat them anytime - a quick breakfast on the go, a perfect midday snack, an excellent addition to a packed lunch, or even as a lighter dessert!
- Lastly, they are delicious! Muffins never last long in our house!
Let's talk about how simple this recipe really is. For starters, you probably have all the ingredients in your pantry right now. #win 🙌🏻
Here's what you do: get some soft butter + brown sugar and beat until it's fluffy and looks like something you want to eat straight out of the bowl with your finger, but don't do that! We need all that butter/sugar goodness to form our batter!! Ok, then add eggs, mashed bananas (of course), and a little vanilla extract and beat until all mixed up. Whisk together your dry ingredients separately before adding to the wet ingredients and beating on low speed just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and bake in a muffin tin for about half an hour and you're done! Easy peasy!
Whenever I make these muffins, they barely last 24 hours in our house! They are really THAT good! I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Please leave a comment below letting me know what kind of recipes YOU want to see on my blog in 2019!
Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa (I use Dutch processed)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line the cups of a standard 12-count muffin tin with cupcake liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl using a handheld electric mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar on high speed until fluffy. Add the mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl before adding to the wet ingredients. Mix on low speed until the dry ingredients are just incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup to the top with batter. Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until a tester inserted into the top comes out without any raw batter. Let the muffins cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,