This Olive Oil Banana Bread is made with antioxidant-rich olive oil and walnuts and has less sugar than other banana bread recipes. A great healthier breakfast option!Jump to Recipe
I love a good slice of banana bread for breakfast. While banana bread with chocolate chips is very tasty, it is usually loaded with way too much sugar to be considered a breakfast food. For this banana bread recipe, I decided to leave the chocolate out and add delicious, healthy walnuts instead.
Reasons why you need to make this recipe ASAP:
- You only need 1 bowl to make the batter.
- The ingredients are very simple and there are only 8 of them.
- It has lots of healthy ingredients.
- Most of the work is done in the oven! This recipe only has about 10-15 minutes of hands-on time.
- It is super yummy!!
If you are looking for other great breakfast recipes, I'd suggest checking out these ones:
- Maple Vanilla Pecan Granola -- this granola is amazing! The roasted pecans are so tasty with the crunchy, maple-vanilla granola clusters.
- Apple Spice Muffins -- spice muffins filled with tart apple pieces.
- The BEST Cinnamon Buns -- Healthy? No. Incredibly delicious? YES!! Just ask my brother, he'll tell you how good these cinnamon buns are!
Ok, I have now told you everything you need to know about this recipe, so what are you waiting for? Go make some banana bread! I love eating banana bread or muffins with fruit yogurt. It just tastes really good to me, haha! And it makes for a great full breakfast!
If you make this recipe, I invite you to please share an honest review in the comments below, or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets!
Olive Oil Banana Bread
- non-stick cooking spray
- parchment paper
- 11x5-inch loaf pan
- mixing bowl
- measuring cups & spoons
- rubber spatula
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ½ cup light or dark brown sugar, packed
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325℉. Spray a 11x5-inch loaf pan with non-stick spray before lining with a piece of parchment paper the same width as the pan with the paper edges left to hang over the sides of the pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together the olive oil, brown sugar, mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla until fully combined. Add the flour and baking soda and stir until all the flour is just incorporated. Fold in the chopped walnuts, if using.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before lifting out of the pan using the overhanging parchment paper to lift. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,