This moist & delicious Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is easy to make and doesn't even require a mixer!
I really, really, really love banana bread! Like, I would be really happy if I could only eat moist chocolate chip banana bread for breakfast every morning!
But I am sort of particular about the texture, flavor, and number of chocolate chips in my banana bread, though.
For me, a great banana loaf is one that is soft and moist (aka NOT DRY), lot's of really ripe mashed bananas in it which makes for great flavor and moistness, and most importantly lot's of chocolate chips (but not too many, remember we're still making breakfast here!).
I also add chopped pecans into mine but if you don't like nuts in your banana bread you can make it without them. One time, I tried roasting the pecans before adding them to the batter which made it extra delish! Yum!
You could also add more or less chocolate chips or totally leave them out if you'd like. But why would you want to do that? 😉
Guess what guys?!?! I'm posting my 1st Christmas cookie recipe next Friday!! ❄️☃️🎄🌨 What I'm really trying to tell you is that next Friday is December 1st already! I don't even know how 2017 is almost over. It feels like it was JUST Christmas! Anybody else feeling that too?
But I am really excited about Christmas this year! Many others I have talked to lately are crazy excited about this Christmas too so I don't even know what is going on! 🤷🏻♀️
Are you excited about Christmas? You'd better be because the Christmas recipes start next week!! 🎊🎉
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- ½ cup melted butter
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Grease an 11 x 5-inch loaf pan with non-stick spray and line with parchment paper, letting the sides hang over.
- Place the melted butter and brown sugar in a large bowl and whisk until combined. Add the mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla and continue mixing.
- Add the flour and baking soda and whisk just until no lumps remain (without overmixing). Fold in the pecans and chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then lift the loaf out of the pan using the parchment paper as handles and let cool on a wire rack for at least an hour or serve warm with butter. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,