This Banana Pudding Recipe is perfect for when you need a simple but yummy no-bake dessert! It is creamy, not too sweet, and so comforting.Jump to Recipe
I love a good no-bake dessert! They are typically very simple and can be made really anyone regardless of their skill level in the kitchen. For instance, no-bake cheesecakes are incredibly easy to make but so impressive! The best part about no-bake desserts? They are perfect for summertime when you don't want to heat up your house by turning on the oven!
This Banana Pudding Recipe is amazing in so many ways!
- Simple Ingredients. Just water, milk, instant vanilla pudding mix, sweetened condensed milk, and whipping cream for the pudding which is layered with vanilla wafer cookies and sliced bananas, of course. Lastly, some lightly sweetened homemade whipped cream for the topping.
- Easy to make. Just some whisking and whipping, then some layering and chilling and you're done!
- It. Tastes. So. GOOD! The subtle flavours of vanilla and real bananas in this dessert are so dreamy and comforting!
For the photos for this recipe, I made the banana pudding in individual serving dishes. This is especially great for making it presentable and easy for serving. This method is a little more work. Distributing everything between all 8 dishes, layering, etc. You can definitely make this dessert in a 9X13-inch dish instead or a trifle bowl if you would prefer.
FOLLOW KNEAD SOME SWEETS ON SOCIAL MEDIA: FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, AND PINTEREST!
If you make this recipe (or have made any of my recipes!), I invite you to please share an authentic review and star rating in the comments below. Or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets and please be sure to tag me so that I can see it. Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets! ♡
Banana Pudding Recipe
- dessert serving dishes, jars, or 9X13-inch pan
- mixing bowls
- electric handheld mixer
- measuring cups & spoons
For the Banana Pudding:
- 1 cup cold water
- ½ cup milk
- 10 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix (113 grams)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 box vanilla wafer cookies (Nilla Wafers) (312 grams)
- 4 bananas, sliced (ripe but firm)
For the Whipped Cream Topping:
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- In a large bowl whisk together the water, milk, and sweetened condensed milk. Add the instant vanilla pudding mix and whisk well for 1 minute until smooth.
- Place the whipping cream in another bowl. Using an electric handheld mixer, whip the cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the pudding mixture until smooth.
- Layer the pudding mixture, wafer cookies, and sliced bananas into desired serving dishes or 9X13-inch pan starting with a small layer of pudding, then wafers, then more pudding, then bananas, then more pudding, then wafers again, finishing with the last of the pudding on top.
- In another bowl, combine the whipping cream and powdered sugar. Using an electric handheld mixer, whip the sweetened cream until soft peaks form. Top the layered banana pudding with the whipped cream. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or until the wafers are soft. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,
Leave a Comment