These buttery Banana Crumb Muffins are deliciously fluffy and moist with a yummy brown sugar cinnamon streusel inside and on top.Jump to Recipe
Can one really have too many different recipes for banana muffins? I think not. There is just so much potential with them. So many different flavours go well with a classic moist banana muffin base. Here are a few of my favourites:
- Banana Gingerbread Muffins -- These muffins are AMAZING! Imagine: ginger cookie meets buttery, soft banana muffin... so yummy! The perfect cozy Fall or Christmas muffin recipe.
- Nutella Surprise Banana Muffins -- The Nutella center in these muffins is so fun and delicious. Nutella and banana are such a great combination!
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins -- Because everyone needs a classic recipe for banana muffins with chocolate chips!
- & more!
So, you can know that I will continue to develop different flavours of banana muffins until I have fully exhausted every possible combination. I think my next one will be with cookie butter... or banana peanut butter is always a good combo...
If you aren't much of a muffin person, I also have some pretty tasty recipes for banana cupcakes in my recipe archives. Like these banana cupcakes with chocolate frosting or these ones with cream cheese frosting!
If you make this recipe (or have made any of my recipes!), I invite you to please share an authentic review and star rating in the comments below. Or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets and please be sure to tag me so that I can see it. Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets! ♡
Banana Crumb Muffins
- 12-count muffin tin(s)
- muffin liners or non-stick spray
- mixing bowls
- electric handheld mixer
- measuring cups & spoons
For the Batter:
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the Crumb:
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup salted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Grease the muffin tin(s) with non-stick spray or line with 18 muffin liners.
- In a large bowl using an electric handheld mixer, cream the softened butter and sugar on medium speed for 1 minute. Add the egg, vanilla, mashed bananas and sour cream and continue beating for 30 seconds until fluffy.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and beat on low speed just until incorporated.
- Stir together the brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add the melted butter and stir to form a crumbly texture.
- Distribute half of the batter between the prepared muffin tins (18 in total). Top with half of the crumb mixture followed by the remaining batter and lastly, top the muffin batter with the remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Enjoy!