These White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies are just delightful! Soft, chewy, and loaded with creamy white chocolate and crunchy macadamia nuts!
You all know how much I adore cookies. They are probably my favorite to work with, well maybe second only to scones. But the cookie love runs deep over here -- hence why my cookie board on Pinterest is called "cookie love"!
I found a ground-breaking cookie baking technique last month while flipping through an old cookbook looking for inspiration. A cookie recipe that called for cream of tartar! Naturally, I had to try it out as soon as I found it! I made a few tweaks to the recipe from the old cookbook and my delish Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies were born! This recipe for white chocolate macadamia nut cookies is similar to that recipe, though I did make a few changes.
Here are some more of my favorite cookie recipes to try!
Here are the recipes I posted last March:
- Homemade Oreo Cookies
- Peanut Butter Fudge Cheesecake Pie
- Hot Cross Buns
- Mint Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- ¾ cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup roasted macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped (I use salted)
- ¾ cup chopped white baking chocolate (or white chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line 3 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and brown sugar on high speed for about 30 seconds. Add the egg, honey, and vanilla extract and beat on high until fluffy.
- Add the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to the bowl. Beat on low speed just until all the flour is incorporated. Lastly, fold in the white chocolate and macadamia nuts.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 2 inches between cookies for spreading room.
- Bake the pans of cookies one at a time in the preheated oven for 8-13 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown around the edges and the tops are no longer wet. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,