Do you know what day it is today?
It's Pi day!!! 🤓 Like, March 14th, 3/14, 3.1415926535897932384626... Pi. ← (I had to google that btw!😆)
Which means (obviously) that today we have to make a PIE to celebrate!!! We use Pi to calculate the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter and it just so happens that pies are circles so it's really just pure mathematics that we are dealing with today!
But I have a confession to make... I don't actually love pie! Like, if I could choose between pie and cheesecake I would always choose the cheesecake. I looooove cheesecake!! I owe my adoration for anything cheesecake to my mother who also loves cheesecake!
Since I'm not crazy about traditional pie, I decided to make a cheesecake pie to celebrate my first Pi day as a food blogger!! I'm still trying to keep up with all these National Food days! I actually managed to post a recipe for Homemade Oreo Cookies on National Oreo Cookie Day without even realizing it was Oreo Cookie Day until the next day!
This Peanut Butter Fudge Cheesecake Pie is insanely good! The peanut butter cheesecake filling is light and creamy with a ribbon of fudge in the middle all on top of a buttery oreo crust. SO delish!
Peanut Butter Fudge Cheesecake Pie
For the Crust:
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 2 cups oreo crumbs
For the Fudge:
- ¾ cup corn syrup
- 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped finely
- ½ cup powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)
For the Peanut Butter Filling:
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Optional: shaved chocolate for garnish
- To make the crust: Mix together the melted butter and oreo crumbs. Pat into a 9X9-inch pie plate to make a crust. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
- To make the fudge layer: Chop the unsweetened chocolate finely and place in a medium-size bowl along with powdered sugar. Heat the corn syrup in the microwave in 20-second increments or on the stovetop over low heat. When the syrup is bubbling, remove from heat and pour over the chocolate and stir until all the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Let cool for until the sauce is mostly cooled.
- To make the peanut butter filling: Place the cream cheese, icing sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl and beat on low speed using a handheld electric mixer. Add the peanut butter and beat until combined. Finally, add the whipping cream and beat on low at first gradually increasing the speed to high as the mixture comes together and starts to thicken until it is the consistency of whipped cream.
- To assemble the pie: Take the crust out of the refrigerator and place half of the peanut butter filling directly on top of the crust and spread it around evenly using an offset spatula. Next, pour the cooled fudge sauce over and spread around using the back of a spoon. Lastly, top with the other half of the peanut butter filling and spread around carefully, so as to not disturb the fudge layer below. Refrigerate the pie for 2-4 hours before serving. Enjoy!
Love and cookies,