These Chocolate Chip Cookies might just be the best I have ever eaten! They have everything you'd ever want in a cookie: they're soft, chewy, flavorful, and full of chocolate chips!
I understand that most people already have a favorite recipe for plain old chocolate chip cookies. But the fact that I didn't even have a recipe for these classic cookies on my blog was really bothering me! So I set to work trying to create a recipe for chocolate chip cookies that are (1) very easy and quick to make, (2) achieve that perfect soft, chewy cookie texture, and (3) are super delicious in flavor.
You'll be happy to hear that these chocolate chip cookies totally nail it in every one of those requirements! They are ridiculously fast to whip up (using just one bowl!!), absolutely perfect in the texture department and have the most delightful buttery flavor that complements the chocolate so well!
There are 2 secret ingredients in these cookies that take them over the top. You likely have both of these ingredients in your pantry right now, if not, they can easily be found at most grocery stores! These 2 ingredients are simply liquid honey & cream of tartar. The honey helps with the texture as well as the flavor. The cream of tartar works with the baking soda to leaven while also helping to achieve that chewy texture!
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ¾ cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- optional: ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line 3 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and brown sugar on high speed for about 30 seconds. Add the egg, honey, and vanilla extract and beat on high until fluffy.
- Add the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt to the bowl. Beat on low speed just until all the flour is incorporated. Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips and chopped nuts if using.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 2 inches between cookies for spreading room.
- Bake the pans of cookies one at a time in the preheated oven for 8-12 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown around the edges and the tops are no longer wet. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,
Pin this recipe for later ↓
More yummy cookie recipes to try:
- White Chocolate Cranberry Lemon Cookies ---https://www.kneadsomesweets.com/white-chocolate-cranberry-lemon-cookies/
- Best Ever Ginger Cookies --- https://www.kneadsomesweets.com/best-ever-ginger-cookies/
- Soft Peanut Butter Cookies --- https://www.kneadsomesweets.com/soft-peanut-butter-cookies/