Congratulations! You've made it half of the way through the week! Of course, the only appropriate way to celebrate is with a batch of fresh-baked Cookies 'n Cream Cookies! Am I right? I knew you'd agree. 😉
I made an awesome cookie recipe for you to bake today to help you get through the rest of the week!
This recipe is made suuuuper easy using these new Hershey's baking chips which make the perfect dark chocolate cookie to creamy white chocolate ratio with a classic chocolate chip cookie dough (minus the chocolate chips) as their vehicle. Super easy & super tasty!
Silliness aside, let's talk about some more important matters.
I haven't really posted much this month due to lack of motivation and general January blues. Also, on a more personal note, my Grandma passed away last Monday so we were in Manitoba last week for her funeral. I will miss Grandma very much but I also rejoice that she is now free from pain and with Jesus her Savior in heaven. This verse has really given me hope in this time: But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. ~ 1 Thessalonians 4:13
I have all kinds of exciting recipe ideas for next month and into the spring and summer. So, lots to look forward to!
Let me know in a comment below if you try this recipe!
Cookies 'n Cream Cookies
- 1 cup softened butter
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups Chipits Cookies 'n Creme baking chips
- Preheat the oven to 375℉. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl using a handheld electric mixer, beat butter on medium speed until creamy. Add the sugars and continue beating until combined. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolks for 30 seconds until light in color.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a small bowl and add to the butter mixture and beat just until the flour is fully incorporated. Fold in the chips.
- Form the dough into balls using about 2 tablespoons of dough in each cookie and place 12 cookies on each pan. Bake the cookies one pan at a time for 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are lightly golden.
- Press a few chips into the top of the cookies right after they come out of the oven. Let cookies cool on a wire rack and finish baking the other cookies. Enjoy!
Love and cookies,