These melt in your mouth buttery Glazed Eggnog Cookies are deliciously flavoured with nutmeg and rum extract and topped with creamy spiced icing.Jump to Recipe
And just like that, it's December again and time to start all the Christmas baking! I don't know about you, but Christmas baking is my favourite!! Nothing is as cozy as baking Christmas cookies while listening to Christmas music on a winter day. Of course, you need to make all the classic Christmas recipes like ginger cookies and sugar cookies, but I also love making new, less common cookies like mint chocolate crinkle cookies or these glazed eggnog cookies!
These cookies are so yummy and full of eggnog flavour, anyone who loves eggnog will adore them! They are soft and buttery in texture. My favourite thing about these cookies is how simple and easy they are to make, making them perfect for the busy Christmas season!
Here are some more eggnog flavoured recipes to try next!
- Eggnog White Chocolate Chip Cookies -- Soft and chewy cookies with creamy white chocolate chips.
- Eggnog Cheesecake Bars -- These cheesecake bars are so creamy and amazing!
- Baked Eggnog Doughnuts -- Moist and tender baked doughnuts with eggnog icing.
- Eggnog Shortbread Cookies -- Classic shortbread cookies with eggnog spices rolled in powdered sugar.
If you make this recipe (or have made any of my recipes!), I invite you to please share an authentic review and star rating in the comments below. Or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets and please be sure to tag me so that I can see it. Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets! ♡
Glazed Eggnog Cookies
- baking sheet(s)
- parchment paper
- mixing bowls
- measuring cups & spoons
- electric handheld mixer
For the Dough:
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon rum extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
For the Icing:
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon rum extract
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3-4 tablespoons whipping cream
To make the Cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter, sugar, and brown sugar for 1 minute using an electric handheld mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on high speed.
- Add the egg, vanilla, and rum extract and continue creaming until fluffy. Add the flour and nutmeg and mix at low speed just until fully incorporated.
- Scoop the cookie dough into 1 tablespoon-sized portions and roll well to form smooth, uniform balls. Place on the prepared baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between each cookie for spreading room.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until slightly golden on the bottoms. Let cool fully before topping with the icing.
To make the Icing:
- In a bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, nutmeg, and rum extract. Add whipping cream gradually, starting with 2 tablespoons and then adding 1-2 more tablespoons or until a smooth, no-too-runny glaze/icing consistency is reached. Spoon on top of the cooled cookies and spread around slightly with the back of a spoon. Enjoy!