This recipe for Soft Peanut Butter Cookies is a super easy & quick go-to recipe, perfect for when you need to make cookies in a snap!
I really enjoy creating new and exciting recipes with different flavor combinations. When it comes to cookies, I really love classic cookie flavors like chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, ginger, and peanut butter. There's just something about those classic favorites!
Let's talk about this recipe. It honestly couldn't be easier. Here is what you do: grab some butter (make sure it is softened!) and some sugar (part brown sugar part white) and beat them until fluffy. Then, add 1 egg, 1 egg yolk, a spoonful of vanilla extract, and (of course) peanut butter - the star of the show! Mix all of this together before adding flour, baking soda, and a little salt and mixing until just combined. Scoop onto the baking sheets and use a fork to press the tops to create that unmistakable peanut butter cookie criss-cross pattern. Bake the cookies, let cool for a few minutes and you're good to go!!
I hope you all enjoy my recipe for peanut butter cookies!
Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
- ¾ cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375℉. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl using an electric handheld mixer on medium speed, beat the softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar for about 30 seconds. Add the egg, egg yolk, vanilla extract, and peanut butter and beat on high speed for 1 minute or until fluffy.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Scoop the cookie dough, about 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie and roll into balls, placing 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Press a fork into the tops to create a criss-cross pattern and bake in preheated oven for 12-14 minutes or until lightly golden on the edges.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling while you bake the remaining cookies. Enjoy!
Love and cookies,
Leave a Comment