This Chocolate Mint Puppy Chow (also called muddy buddies!) made with Rice Chex cereal and Andes Chocolate Mints is perfect for Christmastime!
Have you ever had "puppy chow"? Apparently some people also call it "monkey munch", "reindeer chow", "muddy munch", "muddy buddies", or even "doggy bag", haha. I think these are rather strange and not very appetizing names for something that tastes so good, but oh well! I get it that it does look like dog food but I would honestly rather call it Chex Mix but I guess this is what they call it!
Whatever you want to call it, this recipe for mint chocolate puppy chow is delicious and so fun and easy to make! Simple and easy recipes are perfect for Christmastime when everyone is already so busy. Why not simplify things by making simple and quick, yet still homemade treats like this one?!
Here are some more simple and easy Christmas treats to try next!
- Glazed Eggnog Cookies -- These cookies are so simple to make and taste just like eggnog!
- Caramel Peanut Clusters -- Chewy peanut butter caramels with whole peanuts - SO good!
- Hot Chocolate Nougat Candy -- This is one of my all-time favourite Christmas candy recipes! Pillowy marshmallow hot chocolate goodness!
- Lemon Cream Cheese Turnovers -- These easy cream cheese turnovers are made with storebought puff pastry because nobody has time for making homemade puff pastry. Perfect for Christmas brunch!
If you make this recipe (or have made any of my recipes!), I invite you to please share an authentic review and star rating in the comments below. Or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets and please be sure to tag me so that I can see it. Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets! ♡
Chocolate Mint Puppy Chow
- measuring cups & spoons
- mixing bowls
- 4 cups rice Chex cereal
- 28 Andes Crème De Menthe Chocolate Mints (see link in notes)
- ¾ cup powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, sifted
- Place the Chex cereal in a large bowl. Place chocolate mints in another medium-sized bowl and melt in the microwave in 15-second increments, stirring between each increment.
- In another bowl, stir together the powdered sugar and sifted cocoa powder. Pour the melted chocolate mints over the Chex cereal and gently stir just until all the cereal is coated in the melted chocolate. Add the powdered sugar/cocoa mixture and toss until fully coated. Enjoy!