Mini Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins taste the same as regular banana muffins but are way more fun!! These muffins are the perfect size for mini people although kids and adults alike love these mini muffins!
I am convinced that mini foods > regular size foods. Mini foods are so cute and special. And it feels better to consume 10 mini muffins instead of 3 full-size muffins. They are so tiny that I'm sure they don't even count as calories. Maybe they do, but you can keep that to yourself.
These mini muffins make for a delicious snack or a yummy accompaniment to your breakfast. Try them with yogurt and fruit for a light summer breakfast. Or serve them with brunch!
This recipe is very simple to make and can be ready in less than 30 minutes!! I love the fact that mini muffins only take about 10-15 minutes to bake compared to large muffins that sometimes take up to 30-35 minutes in the oven. Quick baking time is another great reason to make these muffins!
This recipe uses only simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry! Butter, sugars, a little vanilla, eggs, bananas, flour, leaven, and some mini chocolate chips. Of course, you could use regular sized chocolate chips if you don't have the minis, but I prefer a smaller chip in a smaller muffin.
For best results, make sure the bananas that you use are ripe. Ripe bananas give a much nicer flavor and texture to the muffins than starchy, unripe bananas. So take those sad looking bananas that are turning black on your counter and make some muffins!
If you make this recipe, I invite you to please share an honest review in the comments below, or share on social media using #kneadsomesweets!
Mini Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- mini muffin tin(s)
- non-stick spray or butter
- mixing bowl
- Handheld electric mixer
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat or spelt flour (or you could use all-purpose flour here too)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Grease mini muffin tin(s) with non-stick spray or butter.
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl with a handheld mixer on medium-high speed. Add the vanilla and eggs and continue mixing until fluffy.
- Mix in the mashed bananas and then add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda, mixing on low speed until just incorporated. Fold in the mini chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Fill each greased well in the mini muffin tin(s) to the top with batter and sprinkle a few extra chocolate chips on top to garnish if desired. Bake pans one at a time in the preheated oven for 10-13 minutes or until slightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling while you bake the remaining muffins. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,
Love these muffins! Perfect for an easy afternoon snack or breakfast on-the-go. They aren't too sweet but have just the right touch of sweetness to satisfy a sugar craving while still allowing you to feel semi-healthy. 😊
I'm glad you liked this muffin recipe, Taryn! Thank you for leaving a review!
The hubs loves these for breakfast and they’re really fast and still moist after freezing! Perfect way to use up older bananas!
Love it!! Thank you for reviewing this recipe!
Love this recipe, thank you.
Thank you so much, Debbie, I'm glad you enjoyed this recipe!