These roasted Chipotle Candied Pecans have a crispy maple brown sugar coating with a kick of spice from the addition of chipotle pepper. An amazing topping for salads or just as a tasty snack!
These spicy/sweet candied pecans are SO simple! They feature amazing flavours from a few ingredients for a delicious result. The ingredient list is pretty straightforward:
- pecans -- I mean, pretty obvious! The pecans roast beautifully in this recipe and taste incredible.
- brown sugar -- I typically use light brown sugar when I make this recipe, but dark brown sugar would also work.
- maple syrup -- Adds moisture to help all the ingredients come together, plus a wonderful maple flavour which is complimentary to pecans.
- ground chipotle pepper -- I love chipotle pepper! It has a nice smokey spiciness to it that is just incredible in certain recipes. If you dislike spicy food but would still like to make this recipe, I'd suggest using smoked paprika instead of chipotle. It has a very similar smokey flavour but little or no spice.
- salt -- just a pinch of salt helps all the flavours pop!
As I mentioned earlier, one of my favourite ways to serve these candied pecans is on a salad. Fresh salad greens, some fruit (I love using mangoes, strawberries, blueberries, apples, or pears), a soft cheese such as feta, these spicy/sweet roasted pecans, and a homemade vinaigrette that is complementary to the fruit I'm using.
The result: a delightful salad packed with all kinds of amazing flavours and textures! Also, I just proved that I do make salads sometimes, not just desserts... 😂
Pecans are my favourite nuts to bake with! Here are some of my recipes with pecans!
- Blueberry Pecan Muffins - The best blueberry muffins I've ever made with a buttery pecan streusel topping!
- Pecan Pie Bars - A delicious Fall recipe! Made with a soft shortbread crust and a gooey brown sugar pecan pie filling.
- Maple Vanilla Pecan Granola - This granola is crazy addicting! It never lasts long so I recommend doubling the recipe.
- Flourless Pecan Brownies - These naturally gluten-free brownies are insanely fudgy! The pecans go so well with the rich chocolate.
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies - Pecans make these already delicious cookies absolutely perfect!
Follow Knead Some Sweets on social media: Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!
If you make this recipe, I invite you to please share an authentic review and star rating in the comments below. Or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets and be sure to tag me. Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets! ♡
Chipotle Candied Pecans
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- mixing bowl
- measuring cups & spoons
- 1 cup unsalted pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground chipotle pepper or smoked paprika*
- pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 375℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir together the brown sugar, maple syrup, chipotle, and salt in a mixing bowl. Add the pecans and fold until the pecans are evenly coated. Pour onto the prepared baking sheet and spread out.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8-12 minutes or until roasted and nutty in aroma. Be very careful not to burn the pecans. Let cool on the baking sheet.
- These candied pecans can be served as is or I also love them served on top of a salad. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,
Leave a Comment