This no-bake Mint Chocolate Cheesecake features an easy Oreo crust, minty chocolate cheesecake filling made with Andes Creme De Menthe mints, and a smooth mint chocolate ganache on top!
This cheesecake is simply divine! Mint chocolate is such a wonderful flavour combination, especially at Christmastime! And it couldn't be easier to make. No-bake cheesecakes are so easy, even for beginner bakers!
This recipe has 3 main components:
- The simple Oreo cookie crust. Just 2 ingredients, Oreo baking crumbs and melted butter, are needed for this step. (Oreo baking crumbs can be found at most grocery stores.)
- The mint chocolate cheesecake filling. This creamy no-bake cheesecake filling is made from cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, a little peppermint extract, cocoa powder, whipping cream, and, the star ingredient, chopped Andes Creme De Menthe Chocolate Mints! (Not sponsored!) I usually buy these mints at London Drugs here in Canada. You definitely do not need to order from Amazon, I just thought I'd share the link to help identify what I'm talking about!
- Lastly, the smooth mint chocolate ganache on top! This ganache is made with the same chocolate mints melted in scalding hot whipping cream to make a beautiful, rich glaze-like topping for the cheesecake.
I love to serve this cheesecake with whipped cream. This is, of course, completely optional, but I think it makes it even prettier! You can also garnish each slice with extract chocolate mints, as I did for these photos! A pretty and yummy garnish!
Looking for more recipes to make this Christmas? Here are some delicious ideas!
- Gingerbread Cookie Bars -- soft, spiced gingerbread bars topped with yummy cream cheese frosting.
- No-Roll Sugar Cookies -- the easiest way to enjoy sugar cookies this Christmas without all the fuss of rolling out cookie dough!
- Creamy Garlic Artichoke Dip -- such a wonderful holiday appetizer, this hot artichoke dip is amazing served with sliced baguette, crackers, chips, or vegetables!
If you make this recipe, I invite you to please share an authentic review and star rating in the comments below. Or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets and be sure to tag me. Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets! ♡
Mint Chocolate Cheesecake
- 9-inch springform pan
- non-stick cooking spray
- mixing bowls
- electric handheld mixer
- measuring cups & spoons
- silicone spatula
For the Crust:
- 2 cups Oreo baking crumbs
- ½ cup salted butter, melted
For the Filling:
- 16 ounces full-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature (2x8-ounce blocks)
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, sifted (I use Dutch-processed cocoa)
- 1 ½ cups whipping cream (I use 33%)
- 1 cup Andes Crème De Menthe Chocolate Mints (finely chopped) (approximately 36 individual mints)
For the Ganache:
- ½ cup Andes Crème De Menthe Chocolate Mints (finely chopped) (approximately 18 individual mints)
- ½ cup whipping cream
To make the Cheesecake:
- Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan with non-stick spray. Mix together the Oreo baking crumbs and melted butter and press into the bottom of the pan to form a crust. Refrigerate while making the filling.
- Place the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, peppermint extract, and sifted cocoa powder in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric handheld mixer, starting on low and increasing to high speed, until smooth. Add the whipping cream and continue mixing, starting on low speed and increasing to high until the mixture is fluffy and whipped. Fold in the chopped chocolate mints.
- Spread the filling over the prepared crust, smoothing out the top with a spatula. Cover and refrigerate while making the ganache topping.
To make the Ganache Topping:
- Place the finely chopped chocolate mints in a heat-safe bowl. Heat the whipping cream in the microwave or on the stove until scalding. Pour over the chocolate and let sit for 1 minute to allow the chocolate to melt before whisking until fully combined and smooth.
- Let the ganache cool to room temperature before pouring on top of the cheesecake (in the springform pan). Spread around into an even layer and then cover and refrigerate the finished cheesecake for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Serve the chilled cheesecake with whipped cream, if desired. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,