These little fudge Brownie Chunks are the perfect add-in for desserts or ice cream topping or to just snack on!
What are Brownie Chunks for?
While brainstorming new recipe ideas a few weeks ago, I came up with an idea for a new cheesecake recipe. Picture this: creamy coffee cheesecake atop an Oreo crust... sounds delicious, right? Kinda like these Mini Coffee Cheesecakes. But different. This recipe would be a no-bake cheesecake - creamy, lighter, simpler to make, perfect for summer.
But the star of the show: BROWNIE CHUNKS! That's right, super fudgy brownies chopped up and folded into the creamy coffee cheesecake base. Heavenly.
So this post is about how to make these incredible brownie chunks that you will be able to add to dessert recipes to make them even better. And the amazing cheesecake I keep talking about? The recipe will be out next week!
You could also use these wonderful little bites of fudge brownie to make an ice cream sundae. Vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, brownie bites, and a cherry on top... making my mouth water just thinking about it! Hot tip: heat the brownie chunks up a little for the ultimate sundae experience! (pun definitely intended;)
Also... where the heck have I been?!?! I know, I know, It's been almost 6 months since I last posted. I moved in February and I'm loving my new town. The game of juggling work, gym, eating well, family, and friends, while still getting some sleep through it all can be exhausting and a difficult balance to find. Thankfully, I have recently felt my baking "spark" come back and I've been motivated to test some recipes and do some photography and blogging! But, that's all I'll say for now because we all know everyone hates it when food bloggers write about their life instead of just giving the dang recipe...
If you make this recipe (or have made any of my recipes!), I invite you to please share an authentic review and star rating in the comments below. Or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets and please be sure to tag me so that I can see it. Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets! ♡
- 8x8-inch baking pan (or 9x9-inch pan)
- parchment paper
- mixing bowl
- measuring cups & spoons
- ½ cup salted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated (white) sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line an 8x8-inch (or 9x9-inch) baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter and sugar until combined. Add the vanilla extract and eggs and whisk well. Lastly, add the cocoa powder and flour and whisk until smooth. Pour into the prepared baking pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-32 minutes or until no longer jiggly in the center.
- Let cool completely before lifting the brownies out of the pan using the parchment paper edges to assist. Chop into chunks of your desired size. Store brownie chunks in the refrigerator to last longer. Enjoy!