Cocoa powder and mini dehydrated marshmallows make this pillowy Hot Chocolate Nougat Candy taste almost exactly like the real drink!
What's better at Christmastime than drinking a mug of hot chocolate while the snow falls outside? Just writing that makes me all excited for Christmas! This first Christmas recipe of 2019 takes all the hot chocolate flavours and puts them in this simple but yummy candy!
This recipe calls for mini dehydrated marshmallows. I have never been able to find them anywhere locally, but I did find where to buy them on Amazon! You can buy 1 pound for a really good price. A 1-pound bag is huge also, so you'll have dehydrated marshmallows for a long time! I linked the marshmallows in the recipe notes.
I will warn you, this nougat gets very sticky while you're working with it. Use non-stick spray on your hands and any utensils you are working with to prevent sticking. I guess I should also warn you that this nougat is also VERY addictive!
Looking for more Christmas recipes to make this year? Here are some of my favourites:
- Eggnog Cheesecake Bars -- creamy cheesecakes bars with a cardamom-spiced crust and real eggnog in the batter!
- Mint Chocolate Crinkle Cookies -- a favourite in my family, these cookies are rich and delicious!
- Eggnog White Chocolate Chip Cookies -- the spices and creamy white chocolate chips in these cookies taste just like eggnog!
- And more recipes to come in the next few weeks, subscribe to my email list to be the first to be notified of new recipes right in your inbox!
If you make this recipe, I invite you to please share an honest review in the comments below, or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets!
Hot Chocolate Nougat Candy
- 9x9-inch baking pan
- non-stick cooking spray
- heat-safe mixing bowl
- rubber spatula
- microwave OR double-boiler on the stove
- 250 grams mini marshmallows
- 225 grams white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons cocoa powder sifted
- ½ cup mini dehydrated marshmallows + more for topping (link for where to buy in the recipe notes)
- Spray a 9x9-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the marshmallows, white chocolate chips, butter, and sifted cocoa powder to a large bowl. Microwave in 20-second increments, stirring between each for a total of about 60 seconds. (Or you may heat the mixture on the stove using a double-boiler) Fold in the dehydrated marshmallows.
- Using a greased spatula and greased hands, transfer the mixture to the greased pan and press into the pan evenly. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before removing from the pan and slicing in 36 equal pieces. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,