This Pumpkin Spice Caramel Corn is the ultimate Autumn treat! Popcorn and pecans coated in buttery pumpkin spice caramel and baked to crunchy perfection.
I have to warn you: This caramel corn is addicting! It is definitely one of those things that once you start snacking, it is difficult to stop. Make sure you have others to share with so that you don't end up eating the entire pan yourself...
But, seriously, this stuff is delicious!! It disappears in record time whenever I make it. My family LOVES it!! It is also naturally gluten-free, so even my sister-in-law who is allergic can enjoy it!
If you have a nut allergy or just don't like nuts, the pecans can totally be omitted. Simply replace the ¾ cup of nuts with an extra ¾ cup of popcorn.
For those of you thinking "Why on earth would she put pumpkin in caramel corn?", don't worry, there is absolutely no pumpkin purée in this recipe! Just pumpkin spices. A delicious mixture of cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and allspice. No soggy pumpkin in this recipe, haha!
Love pumpkin spice as much as I do? Here are some of my other pumpkin-y recipes for you to try!
- Homemade Pumpkin Fritters -- Little pumpkin doughnut bites!! They are 100% adorable and tasty.
- Pumpkin Pie Recipe -- A classic pumpkin pie recipe made completely from scratch with the best silky filling and buttery crust.
- Glazed Pumpkin Bread -- An all-time favourite, this bread is INCREDIBLE!!
- Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting -- The softest spiced pumpkin cake with dreamy cream cheese frosting.
If you make this recipe, I invite you to please share an authentic review and star rating in the comments below. Or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets and be sure to tag me. Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets! ♡
Pumpkin Spice Caramel Corn
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- measuring cups & spoons
- silicone spatula
- 8 cups salted popped popcorn*
- ¾ cup chopped pecans**
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ cup salted butter
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 250℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Stir together and spread the popped popcorn and chopped pecans evenly onto the prepared baking sheet. Stir together the baking soda and spices in a small bowl. Set both aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil and boil for 3 minutes, whisking constantly. Remove from the heat and immediately whisk in the baking soda/spice mixture and vanilla and then pour over the popcorn/nuts on the baking sheet. Working quickly, stir the popcorn using a spatula until it has an even coat of the caramel mixture. Spread into an even layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes (this avoids ending up with one giant blob of caramel corn and helps it get crunchy). Remove from the oven and let cool down on the baking sheet. The caramel corn will harden and crisp up as it cools. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,