White Chocolate Raspberry Scones -- buttery scones filled with juicy tart raspberries and creamy white chocolate chips. Make them extra special by using a heart-shaped cookie cutter and top with a drizzle of white chocolate after baking!
These scones just might be the most adorable and delicious little things ever! I mean, the vibrant coloured and flavoured raspberries and subtle flavoured white chocolate. These wonderful flavours go so well with the neutral-flavoured scone base! And the pretty heart shape and drizzle of white chocolate on top makes them doubly beautiful! 😍
Here are some of my favourite scone recipes to try next!
White Chocolate Raspberry Scones
Can I make these scones without white chocolate?
Yes! You can definitely substitute the white chocolate with your favourite kind of chocolate in this recipe! I think milk chocolate, semisweet chocolate, or dark chocolate would all go great with the raspberries! Or you can entirely omit the chocolate, if you prefer.
Can I make this recipe with fresh raspberries?
No, I do not recommend using fresh raspberries in this recipe. Because fresh raspberries are so tender and easily squished I think they would turn into a bit of a disaster in the process of adding them to the dough, cutting out, etc. They would likely turn to mush and their colour muddle with the dough. This might look pretty before baking but it will turn to an ugly shade of gray in the oven. Trust me, my first batch while testing these scones got too muddled and my family thought they were hamburger patties instead of scones... Oops, haha! Moral of the story: Please use frozen raspberries only!
If you make this recipe (or have made any of my recipes!), I invite you to please share an authentic review and star rating in the comments below. Or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets and please be sure to tag me so that I can see it. Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets! ♡
White Chocolate Raspberry Scones
- baking sheet
- parchment paper or silicone baking mat
- mixing bowls
- measuring cups & spoons
- pastry cutter
- rolling pin
- heart-shaped cookie cutter (or round)
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cold salted butter, cubed
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup whipping cream (I use 33%)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen raspberries (must be frozen, not fresh!)
- 2 ounces melted white chocolate (to drizzle on baked scones)
- Preheat the oven to 400℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Cut the cold cubed butter into the flour mixture using a pastry cutter until the pieces of butter are the size of peas. Stir in the white chocolate chips.
- In another bowl, whisk together the whipping cream, egg, and vanilla. Add to the flour/butter mixture and gently fold with a spatula until the dough just starts to come together. Turn the contents of the bowl onto the countertop and knead just until the dough comes together. Do not overmix!
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured counter to about a ¾-inch thickness. Press ¾ cup of the frozen raspberries into the rolled out dough. Fold half of the dough over and roll out again to about a ¾ inch thickness, sealing a layer of raspberries into the middle of the dough. Press the remaining ¼ cup of raspberries here and there into the top of the dough. Use a medium-sized heart-shaped (or round) cookie cutter to cut out the scones and place them on the prepared baking sheet at least 2 inches apart. Gather up the scraps of dough and press together gently (do not knead again!) before cutting it into the last scones. These last "scrap scones" won't be perfect but that's okay!
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden. Let cool on the baking sheet for at least 20 minutes before topping with a drizzle of melted white chocolate. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,