These flavourful, tender, flakey Cheddar Garlic Butter Biscuits are easy to make and go so well with a bowl of soup! Flavoured with garlic powder and plenty of shredded cheddar cheese mixed into the dough and topped with garlic herb butter after baking, these biscuits are incredible!Jump to Recipe
There's nothing better than making a big pot of hearty homemade soup or chili for dinner on cold Fall and Winter days. Although soup is delicious on its own, adding fresh homemade biscuits on the side can really complete the meal. These cheesy garlic biscuits are the perfect accompaniment to soup but also go well as a side to any meal!
Here are some more delicious recipes to try next!
- Cookie Butter Cheesecake -- This no-bake cheesecake recipe is easy yet impressive! A must-make if you like cookie butter and cheesecake!
- No-Roll Sugar Cookies -- The easiest way to make chewy homemade sugar cookies!
- Blueberry Brown Butter Scones -- The best blueberry scones with the flavourful addition of browned butter.
- Mini Pumpkin Cupcakes -- Everyone loves these adorable and tasty pumpkin cupcakes!
This recipe was adapted from my Easy Buttermilk Biscuits recipe. If you already love that recipe, I'm sure you will love this one too! They are just as flakey and perfect.
If you make this recipe (or have made any of my recipes!), I invite you to please share an authentic review and star rating in the comments below. Or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets and please be sure to tag me so that I can see it. Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets! ♡
Cheddar Garlic Butter Biscuits
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- mixing bowls
- measuring cups & spoons
- pastry cutter
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated (white) sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ cup cold salted butter
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I use medium cheddar)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
For the Garlic Herb Butter:
- ½ cup salted butter, melted
- 3 cloves fresh minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 425℉. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and garlic powder together in a large bowl. Cut the cold cubed butter into the flour mixture using a pastry cutter until the pieces of butter are the size of peas. Stir in the shredded cheese.
- In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and egg. Add to the flour/butter mixture and gently fold with a spatula until the dough just starts to come together. Turn the contents of the bowl onto the countertop and knead just until the dough comes together. Do not overmix!
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured counter into about ¾-inch thickness. Cut out the biscuits using a lightly floured medium-sized cookie cutter (2 or 2.5-inch diameter). (Try to push the cutter directly down into the dough and avoid spinning the cutter to release the dough.) Place the biscuits on the prepared baking sheet, leaving at least 1 inch between each biscuit.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden. Stir together the melted butter, minced garlic, and Italian seasoning until combined. Brush over the hot biscuits as soon as they come out of the oven. Serve immediately. Enjoy!