This ultra decadent No-Bake Triple Chocolate Cheesecake features an Oreo crust, rich dark chocolate filling, and creamy chocolate ganache topping. This would be a perfect Valentine's Day dessert served with fresh strawberries!Jump to Recipe
Valentine's Day is right around the corner and I always love to make a special dessert for my family, "just because", and this cheesecake would be perfect for that! It's amazingly chocolatey, yet not too sweet. The filling is made with 70% dark chocolate which is melted with whipping cream before it is added to the cheesecake. This gives the cheesecake a velvety texture similar to a baked cheesecake, but without the baking! Because this cheesecake does not require baking, it can be put together in under 30 minutes of hands-on time. Then, throw it in the refrigerator for at least 4-6 hours (or overnight) to chill and you have a perfect cheesecake that no one will guess how easy it was to make!
Here are some of my favourite cheesecake recipes to try next!
- Mint Chocolate Cheesecake -- This Mint Chocolate Cheesecake is absolutely divine and no-bake as well!
- No-Bake Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake -- This lemon blueberry cheesecake is perfect for summertime!
- No-Bake Mini Egg Cheesecakes -- Another no-bake recipe, these adorable mini egg cheesecakes in jars are perfect for Easter! Be sure to save this recipe for later!
Ingredients for No-Bake Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
Let's go through the ingredients we will need for this recipe.
- Oreo Baking Crumbs -- These are the ones I use. (You do not need to buy from Amazon, most grocery stores carry them!)
- Melted Salted Butter -- If you don't have salted butter, simply add ¼ teaspoon of salt to the crust! (I use salted butter in most of my recipes. I know a lot of bakers don't but it's what I grew up with and prefer!)
- Full-Fat Cream Cheese -- Make sure you take your cream cheese out to soften before starting with the cheesecake!
- Powdered Sugar (confectioners sugar)
- Vanilla Extract
- Whipping Cream -- I use 33%
- 70% Dark Chocolate -- This is the dark chocolate that I use (again, available at most grocery stores). You will need 6 ounces or 170 grams or 70% dark chocolate for the filling.
- Cocoa Powder -- I use this Dutch-processed cocoa. I get it at Costco!
- Semisweet Chocolate -- You can simply use semisweet chocolate chips here.
- Corn Syrup -- You can use honey instead.
- Vanilla Extract
- Whipping Cream
What is ganache?
Ganache is a mixture of chocolate and cream melted together. Depending on the ratio of chocolate to cream, ganache can range from a thin glaze consistency to a thicker frosting consistency. It is used as a glaze, sauce, filling, or icing. I add vanilla extract to the ganache in this recipe for flavour and corn syrup for a glossy look.
FOLLOW KNEAD SOME SWEETS ON SOCIAL MEDIA: FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, AND PINTEREST!
If you make this recipe (or have made any of my recipes!), I invite you to please share an authentic review and star rating in the comments below. Or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets and please be sure to tag me so that I can see it. Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets! ♡
No-Bake Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
- 9-inch springform pan
- non-stick cooking spray
- mixing bowls
- measuring cups & spoons
- electric handheld mixer
- silicone spatula
For the Crust:
- 2 cups Oreo baking crumbs
- ½ cup salted butter, melted (or unsalted butter with ¼ teaspoon salt)
For the Filling:
- 16 ounces full fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream (I use 33%)
- 6 ounces 70% dark chocolate, chopped finely (I use Baker's brand)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder, sifted (I use Dutch-processed cocoa)
For the Ganache:
- ½ cup chopped semisweet chocolate (or chips)
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup (or honey)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup whipping cream (I use 33%)
To make the Cheesecake:
- Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan with non-stick spray. Mix together the Oreo baking crumbs and melted butter and press into the bottom of the pan to form a crust. Refrigerate while making the filling.
- Place the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric handheld mixer, starting on low and increasing to high speed, until smooth.
- Combine the chopped dark chocolate and sifted cocoa powder in a heat-safe bowl. In a separate microwave-safe container (or in a saucepan on the stove), heat the whipping cream until scalding. Pour the scalding cream over the chopped chocolate and cocoa and let sit for 2 minutes before whisking briskly until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Add the still-warm chocolate mixture to the cream cheese mixture and mix, starting at low speed and increasing to high as the mixture comes together. Beat at high speed for 1 minute or until fluffy and whipped.
- Spread the filling over the prepared crust, smoothing out the top with a spatula. Cover and refrigerate while making the ganache topping.
To make the Ganache Topping:
- Place the semisweet chocolate, corn syrup, and vanilla extract in a heat-safe bowl. Heat the whipping cream to scalding and pour over the chocolate. Let sit for 2 minutes before whisking briskly until smooth.
- Let the ganache cool to room temperature before pouring on top of the cheesecake (in the springform pan). Spread around into an even layer and then cover and refrigerate the finished cheesecake for at least 6 hours before serving.
- Serve the chilled cheesecake with whipped cream and fresh berries or berry sauce, if desired. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,
I admit that I didn’t follow all of the ingredients exactly. For instance I used 8 oz of reduced fat cream cheese. As a result, my middle layer was probably softer. Even so, my family (and I ☺️) LOVED this dessert!!
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I am glad to hear that the recipe worked out.