What could make classic rice crispy cake better?
The classic version is already so good on its own considering that it's only made of rice crispies, marshmallows, butter, and vanilla.
Add chocolate on top and you've got the most delectable combination --- Salted Chocolate Rice Krispie Squares!
⬆ Just look at all that chocolate tastiness!! 😍
Just a little sprinkle of coarse Sea Salt to cut all that sweetness tops it off perfectly!
This recipe makes a 9X13 inch pan which is perfect for parties or beach days or eating all by yourself, whatever floats your boat! I love making rice crispy cake to take along to the beach. Easy to whip together for those summer days when you wake up and decide to pack a lunch and have a beach day!
What better way to spend these last few weeks of summer than eating this rice crispy cake smothered in delicious chocolate ganache!
Salted Chocolate Rice Crispy Cake
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 10 oz bag large marshmallows
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-2 tsp coarse Sea Salt
- Grease a 9X13 inch pan with butter.
- In a large pot melt butter over low heat, add in marshmallows and mix as they melt together. Add vanilla and stir to combine.
- Quickly mix in rice cereal while the mixture is still hot and transfer to greased pan. Press gently into the pan using a buttered spatula.
- Add whipping cream to a small saucepan and heat until just under boiling.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips into the cream and let stand for 2 minutes. Whisk until fully combined.
- Spread ganache over top of the rice crispy cake. Sprinkle Sea Salt on top of the ganache.
- Refrigerate or freeze until set. Cut into squares. Enjoy!