These Red Velvet Rice Krispie Treats are such a fun and special no-bake Valentine's Day dessert made with only 6 common ingredients!
If you are looking for an adorable and easy Valentine's Day treat/craft project, you have come to the right place! These Rice Krispie treats of the red velvet variety are fun, easy, and tasty! This would be such a fun treat to make with kids!
I think adding a drizzle of melted white chocolate on top of these squares is such a pretty and yummy touch. If you do not like white chocolate, feel free to substitute with your favourite kind of chocolate instead! Milk, semisweet, or dark would all work here.
Looking for more simple, no-bake dessert recipes? Here are some to try next:
- Nutella Rice Crispy Squares -- These Rice Krispie treats made with Nutella are so simple and delicious!
- Puffed Wheat Cookie Nests -- Perfect for Easter, these little nests are so fun to make!
- Edible Cookie Dough -- This recipe is perfect for anyone who loves cookie dough! This recipe has no eggs and I included instructions on how to heat-treat the flour to be extra safe!
- Caramel Peanut Clusters -- These little clusters are soft, chewy, and a little salty! SO yummy!
If you aren't a fan of using food colouring in food, you can try making this recipe with natural food colouring. I have only tested this recipe with real food colouring, so I'm not exactly sure how the colours will turn out if you do go with a natural alternative, but I would love to hear how it went if you do try it!
FOLLOW KNEAD SOME SWEETS ON SOCIAL MEDIA: FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, AND PINTEREST!
If you make this recipe (or have made any of my recipes!), I invite you to please share an authentic review and star rating in the comments below. Or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets and please be sure to tag me so that I can see it. Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets! ♡
Red Velvet Rice Krispie Treats
- 9x9-inch baking pan
- wax paper or non-stick cooking spray
- mixing bowl
- measuring cups & spoons
- silicone spatula
- 250 grams marshmallows (mini marshmallows work best)
- ¼ cup salted butter
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder (I use dutch-processed cocoa)
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon liquid red food colouring
- 5 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 2 ounces melted white chocolate (to drizzle on top)
- Line a 9x9-inch baking pan with wax paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, microwave the marshmallows and butter in 20-second increments, stirring between each increment, until melted. Sift in the cocoa powder using a sieve and add the vanilla extract and red food colouring. Stir until fully incorporated before folding in the Rice Krispies just until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and press into the pan and smooth out the top using a spatula sprayed with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to firm up. Remove from the pan and slice into 16 even pieces. Drizzle with the melted white chocolate. You may return the squares to the refrigerator for a few minutes to allow the chocolate to harden. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,
Leave a Comment