These Oatmeal Cookie Bars are soft, flavourful, and full of melty chocolate chips! This recipe is so simple and quick, you will make it again and again!Jump to Recipe
Earlier this year I posted a recipe for classic Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars that was very well received by my readers. Cookie bars are so easy to make and are just as good as (if not better than!) individual cookies! So, I thought, why not make recipes for other cookie flavours in bar form too! Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are such a good classic cookie variety so I decided to make them into bars.
This recipe starts with melted butter (no need to take out your butter ahead of time to soften), can be made in one bowl, and does not require an electric mixer. You can honestly mix up the batter and have it in the oven in under 10 minutes!
Here are some great recipes for brownies & bars to try next!
- Coffee Nanaimo Bars -- A yummy twist on classic Nanaimo Bars!
- Mint Cheesecake Brownies -- Cheesecake and brownies in one delicious bar.
- No-Bake Oat Bars -- My take on Starbucks oat bars that are actually very similar to the real deal!
- Pecan Pie Bars -- These bars are so tasty and easy!
- and more!
FOLLOW KNEAD SOME SWEETS ON SOCIAL MEDIA: FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, AND PINTEREST!
If you make this recipe (or have made any of my recipes!), I invite you to please share an authentic review and star rating in the comments below. Or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets and please be sure to tag me so that I can see it. Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets! ♡
Oatmeal Cookie Bars
- 9x9-inch baking pan
- parchment paper or non-stick spray
- mixing bowls
- measuring cups & spoons
- silicone spatula
- ½ cup salted butter, melted
- ½ cup granulated (white) sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Grease a 9X9-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray or butter or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla until fully incorporated. Add the flour, oats, baking powder, and salt and stir just until no streaks of flour remain. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking pan, spreading it well into the corners of the pan and smoothing the top as best as you can. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden. Let cool at least slightly before serving. Serve as is or with ice cream or whipped cream. Enjoy!
delicious! a great easy grab snack for any time of the day!
Thank you for taking the time to review this recipe, Kaylee!
Can you use quick cooking oats instead?
Yes, I think that would work!
Delicious! Brought them to a gathering and they got rave reviews. So easy to put together too!