Ultra rich and fudgy, these Mint Cheesecake Brownies feature an incredibly decadent chocolate brownie followed by a creamy mint chocolate chip cheesecake layer.
St. Patrick's Day is coming up and I have the perfect themed green dessert for you to make for the occasion! These brownies are utterly fantastic. The deep richness of the cocoa in the brownies is perfectly offset by the fresh minty cheesecake part. Not to mention they are simply beautiful! I am a sucker for anything with pretty swirls!! Like these Peanut Butter Brownies!
Need more green St. Patrick's Day-themed recipes? Here are some delicious green recipes that I have posted over the years!
- Mint Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes -- These cupcakes are very similar to this recipe in a lot of ways. SO yummy!
- Mint Nanaimo Bars -- These maaaay be my favourite Nanaimo Bar variation! The mint flavour goes so well with the other flavours in the recipe!
- Mint Oreo Cookies -- While this version of "homemade Oreos" is not exactly authentic, this recipe is so easy and sure to impress!
If you make this recipe (or have made any of my recipes!), I invite you to please share an authentic review and star rating in the comments below. Or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets and please be sure to tag me so that I can see it. Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets! ♡
Mint Cheesecake Brownies
- 9x9-inch baking pan
- parchment paper or non-stick spray
- mixing bowls
- electric handheld mixer
- measuring cups & spoons
For the Brownie Batter:
- ½ cup salted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
For the Cheesecake Batter:
- 8 ounces softened full-fat cream cheese
- ½ cup powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 drops green food colouring
- 2 drops blue food colouring
- ½ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line a 9x9-inch pan with parchment paper, leaving the edges to hang over the sides of the pan or grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the butter and sugar in a heat-safe mixing bowl. Microwave in 30 seconds increments, whisking well between each. You should do this a total of 4 times and the mixture should be smooth with no granules of sugar remaining. (If making on the stovetop please reference recipe notes.)
- Let the mixture cool for 10 minutes. Whisk in the chocolate chips, vanilla, peppermint extract, and eggs. Finally, mix in the cocoa and flour just until no streaks of flour remain.
- Add the softened cream cheese to another mixing bowl and beat with an electric handheld mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add the powdered sugar, egg, vanilla, and peppermint extract and continue beating at high speed until whipped and smooth. Mix in the green and blue food colouring. Lastly, fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Pour most of the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan, reserving about ½ cup of the batter for the top. Gently spread the cheesecake batter on top of the brownie batter. Drop spoonfuls of the reserved ½ cup of brownie batter over the cheesecake batter and then run a butter knife through the batter to create swirls. Do no overmix while doing this!
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes before lifting out using the overhanging parchment paper. Let cool to room temperature on a wire rack before covering and refrigerating for at least 2 hours or until fully chilled. Serve topped with whipped cream. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,