These decadent Cookies & Cream Brownies feature a layer of buttercream filled with chopped Oreo cookies atop a rich fudge brownie!Jump to Recipe
Apparently I've been on a brownie kick lately! With my recipe for Brownie Chunks and then this delightful Coffee Brownie Cheesecake, it's obvious what my latest obsession is. For good reason though, as this amazing brownie recipe is so wonderfully chewy and fudge-like. Plus very simple and quick to put together!
Love these cookies & cream brownies? Here are some brownie recipes to try next!
- Peanut Butter Brownies - Decadent brownies swirled with creamy peanut butter!
- Flourless Pecan Brownies - These gluten free brownies are so chewy and incredible.
- Brownie Cheesecake Cupcakes - Brownies, cheesecake, and cupcakes in one dessert? Yes, please!
- Fudge Brownie Pecan Pie - This chocolatey pecan pie is perfect for brownie lovers and pie lovers alike!
What kind of recipes are coming out next?
I have an amazing recipe for some delicious mini jam pies coming soon! Flakey pastry, jam filling, and vanilla frosting drizzled on top. Incredible! Also, the recipe for soft and fluffy white chocolate and raspberry muffins is going to be posted in the next few weeks. Other than that, I'm working on a recipe for perfect lemon cupcakes. My goal is light and fluffy cupcakes flavoured with plenty of lemon zest, fresh lemon juice, and some pure lemon extract. With vanilla buttercream on top!
If you make this recipe (or have made any of my recipes!), I invite you to please share an authentic review and star rating in the comments below. Or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets and please be sure to tag me so that I can see it. Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets! ♡
Cookies & Cream Brownies
- 8x8-inch baking pan (or 9x9-inch)
- parchment paper
- mixing bowl
- measuring cups & spoons
- electric mixer
For the Brownies:
- ½ cup salted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated (white) sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
For the Icing:
- ¼ cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 Oreo cookies, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line an 8x8-inch (or 9x9-inch) baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter and sugar until combined. Add the vanilla extract and eggs and whisk well. Lastly, add the cocoa powder and flour and whisk until smooth. Pour into the prepared baking pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-32 minutes or until no longer jiggly in the center.
- Let cool completely before topping with the icing layer.
To Make the Icing Layer:
- Add the softened butter and powdered sugar to a mixing bowl (or stand mixer) and beat on high until smooth. Add the milk and vanilla extract and continue beating until fluffy. Gently fold in the chopped Oreo cookies. Spread evenly over the completely cooled brownies. Chill * before slicing into small bars. Enjoy!