Puffed Wheat Cookie Nests - gooey chocolate puffed wheat cereal mixture made in individual serving size muffin liners topped with mini chocolate eggs. These adorable little treats are made with a few simple ingredients and would be a perfect Easter treat!
With everything going on lately, I don't think many people have actually thought about or started planning for Easter this year. I had planned to share a few new Easter recipes this year but then decided to share some more classic recipes instead. Stay tuned for a homemade bread recipe coming next week!
Here are a few Easter recipes posted in 2018 and 2019:
- Hot Cross Buns - I love a good homemade hot cross bun! Am I the only one who cannot stand hot cross buns made with a flour cross instead of icing on top? I mean, what's a hot cross bun without the icing? I love the flavours of these buns and the meaning they represent! ❤️
- No-Bake Mini Egg Cheesecakes - these cheesecakes are so yummy and fun!
- Carrot Muffins - these muffins are perfectly moist and flavourful, filled with shredded carrots and warm spices.
This would be such a fun recipe to make with kids! Give them the job of placing colourful cupcake liners in the pan or topping them with the mini chocolate eggs.
If you make this recipe, I invite you to please share an honest review and rating in the comments below, and share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets! Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets!
Puffed Wheat Cookie Nests
- 12-count muffin tin
- cupcake liners or non-stick spray
- medium-size saucepan
- silicone spatula
- mixing bowl
- ¼ cup salted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 6 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 cups puffed wheat cereal
- ¾ cup Cadbury mini eggs
- Line a 12-count muffin tin with cupcake liners or spray with non-stick spray.
- Mix the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, and cocoa in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for 2 minutes while stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and add the puffed wheat stirring until fully coated.
- Fill each cupcake liner with the mixture and top each one with 3 mini eggs. Let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,
Delicious and super easy to make! I love how chocolatey and festive they are. I would like to try with Rice Krispies next Time in hopes they come out more crunchy! Great recipe.
Thank you for the review, Jennifer!! That is a good idea, let me know how it goes!