Blueberry Pecan Muffins -- soft muffins filled with juicy blueberries and topped with crumbly, sweet pecan brown sugar streusel!
I'm not lying when I say that these are the best blueberry muffins I have ever eaten. They are just SO tasty! These muffins would be a wonderful addition to a Mother's Day Brunch!
Of course, I needed to post a recipe for a classic blueberry muffin eventually. While these aren't your regular old blueberry muffin, I think the pecan streusel on top adds so much to such a simple recipe! The pecans get lightly toasted on top of the muffins and have an incredible nutty flavour that complements the sweet, juicy blueberries wonderfully.
The muffins themselves are beautifully moist and tender thanks to the additions of oil and buttermilk in the batter. Dry muffins are definitely a no-go here! Another thing I love about these muffins is the fact that they aren't too sweet. I believe there should be a definitive distinction between muffins and cupcakes. That being said, I may or may not be guilty of eating cupcakes for breakfast the odd time in my lifetime...
Love muffins as much as I do?!?! Check out some of these other muffin recipes on my site!
- Nutella Surprise Banana Muffins -- a Nutella surprise INSIDE of a banana muffin! Such a yummy combination!!
- Carrot Muffins -- like eating carrot cake for breakfast!
- Monkey Bread Muffins -- while not exactly your average muffin, these individual serving size monkey breads are incredible! Don't believe me? Just look at the reviews on this recipe!
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crumb Muffins -- it is rhubarb season! Make some of these yummy muffins if you can get your hands on some!
If you make this recipe, I invite you to please share an authentic review and starred rating in the comments below, or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets! Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets!
Blueberry Pecan Muffins
- 12-count muffin tin
- muffin liners or non-stick cooking spray
- measuring cups & spoons
- mixing bowl
- silicone spatula
For the Batter:
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- ½ cup granulated (white) sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries
For the Pecan Streusel Topping:
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line a 12-count muffin tin with liners or grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the oil, white sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Add the buttermilk and whisk until combined.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and stir just until no streaks of flour remain. Lastly, fold in the blueberries. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling each well to the top with batter*.
- Stir together the melted butter, brown sugar, flour, and chopped pecans to form a crumbly streusel. Top the unbaked muffins with the prepared streusel, distributing evenly between all the muffins.
- Bake muffins in the preheated oven for 23-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool for about 10 minutes in the pans before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,