These simple but yummy Chocolate Chip Muffins are delightfully buttery, fluffy and soft in texture, and loaded with mini chocolate chips!Jump to Recipe
This is truly the ultimate muffin recipe. If we're being completely honest, though, these delicious morsels are just one notch away from being cupcakes. I wouldn't really call this a "healthy" muffin recipe, but they are delicious so who cares! Lots of fat and sugar go into creating the incredible moist and tender yet fluffy texture of these muffins. They don't contain any real nutrition, either, but hey, they are tasty and that's what really matters! These would be the perfect addition to brunch alongside savoury breakfast foods and fruits. Or for dessert!
Here are some more amazing muffin recipes to try next!
- Blueberry Pecan Muffins -- Soft muffins loaded with juicy blueberries and topped with a delicious buttery pecan streusel.
- Mini Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins -- Adorable and tasty, these mini muffins are perfect for little ones and big ones alike!
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins -- These zucchini muffins are so moist, chocolatey, and yummy!
- Monkey Bread Muffins -- Monkey bread in muffin form! These individual monkey breads are so easy to make!
- Hawaii Muffins Recipe -- Banana muffins loaded with pineapple and coconut and topped with a macadamia nut crumble and coconut milk icing. These muffins taste like Hawaii!
If you make this recipe (or have made any of my recipes!), I invite you to please share an authentic review and star rating in the comments below. Or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets and please be sure to tag me so that I can see it. Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets! ♡
Chocolate Chip Muffins
- standard-sized muffin tin(s)
- muffin liners or non-stick spray
- mixing bowls
- measuring cups & spoons
- ¼ cup salted butter, melted
- ⅓ cup canola oil (or other neutral-flavoured oil)
- ⅔ cup granulated white sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips (+ more for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 400℉. Prepare muffins tins with 18 muffin liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter, oil, sugar, and brown sugar until combined. Add the eggs and vanilla and continue whisking. Add the sour cream and milk and whisk just until fully incorporated and smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips. Add to the wet ingredients and gently fold together just until no streaks of unmixed flour remain. Do not overmix!
- Divide the batter evenly between all 18 prepared muffin liners. Sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top, if desired. Bake in the 400℉ preheated oven for 5 minutes. Then, turn the oven down to 350℉ and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out dry. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!