These Banana Gingerbread Muffins are buttery, fluffy, and moist and filled with deep flavours of molasses, ginger, and cinnamon.
The banana and gingerbread are such a great combination in this recipe!! Imagine ginger cookie meets banana muffin. Rich, cozy flavours of molasses and spices shine with classic banana muffin flavour still coming through.
I know you're probably thinking "Gingerbread?! That sounds like a Christmas recipe!". I will admit, gingerbread is a classic Christmas flavour and those fairy lights do look very Christmassy, but I assure you this is definitely not evidence of how excited I am to start developing Christmas content... hehe! 😉
But, no, this recipe is completely acceptable to make any time in the Fall season or Christmas or year-round, really!
Need more muffins in your life? Here are some ideas:
- Zucchini Lemon Poppyseed Muffins -- A family favourite, these lemony muffins are SO moist and tasty!
- Buttery Date Bran Muffins -- These bran muffins have been pretty popular this Fall. I love the sweet pieces of dates throughout the muffins!
- Monkey Bread Muffins -- Not your average muffin, they are made of fluffy pieces of homemade dough coated in butter and cinnamon sugar baked to golden perfection and topped with a simple icing. AMAZING!!!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins -- Spiced pumpkin and chocolate chips go together well in these fluffy muffins!
If you make this recipe, I invite you to please share an authentic review and star rating in the comments below. Or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets and be sure to tag me. Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets! ♡
Banana Gingerbread Muffins
- 12-count muffin tin(s)
- muffin liners or nonstick spray
- mixing bowls
- measuring cups & spoons
- silicone spatula
- ½ cup salted butter, melted
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup molasses (I use fancy molasses)
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- optional: coarse sugar (to sprinkle on top of the muffins before baking)
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line two 12-count muffin tins with muffin liners or grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, molasses, mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, ginger, and cinnamon. Add to the bowl of wet ingredients and stir just until incorporated and no streaks of flour remain, being careful not to overmix.
- Evenly distribute the batter between the prepared pans, filling each cup or liner about half full. Top with a sprinkle of coarse sugar, if desired. Bake, one pan at a time, in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the muffin tins for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Bake the remaining muffins. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,