Ultra flavourful buttery Date Bran Muffins made with buttermilk, all-bran cereal, butter (of course), molasses and sweet chopped dried dates! This is a great go-to muffin recipe for quick breakfasts!
A good bran muffin that will please young and old alike is usually pretty hard to find. Too dry, too dense, not enough bran, not sweet enough.... just some common problems when it comes to muffins of the bran variety.
I'm happy to tell you that these bran muffins are both super fluffy and nicely moist!! They hold enough fibrous bran goodness and are sweetened nicely with brown sugar and the chopped dates! You could, of course, use raisins in place of dates in this recipe, or even add chopped nuts as well!
If you make this recipe, I invite you to please share an honest review in the comments below, or share on social media using #kneadsomesweets!
Buttery Date Bran Muffins
- muffin tin(s)
- muffin liners or non-stick spray
- 2 mixing bowls
- measuring cups & spoons
- wooden spoon
- 2 cups regular all-bran cereal
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- ¾ cup salted butter, melted
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup fancy molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅔ cup chopped dates or raisins
- Preheat the oven to 400℉. Line muffin tin(s) with muffin liners or spray with non-stick spray.
- Mix together the all-bran and buttermilk in a large bowl and let sit for 10 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In another large bowl, mix the melted butter, brown sugar, and molasses. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix to incorporate. Add the soaked milk/bran mixture as well as dates or raisins and mix.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda and mix until just combined. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling them to the top with batter.
- Bake in a 400℉ preheated oven for 5 minutes and then reduce the temperature to 350℉ and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,
Hi! Do you have any idea of the caloric content of theses delicious muffins?
Each of these muffins is approximately 211 calories; 8.7 grams fat, 32.5 grams carbohydrates, and 4 grams protein.
Please let me know if you try this recipe!