These Peanut Butter Brownies are fudgy, soft, and super chocolatey with beautiful peanut butter swirls on top! This recipe is also very simple and quick to whip up and have in the oven in no time!
Just look at those pretty peanut butter swirls! 😍 Can you believe it? The last brownie/bar/square recipe I posted was this one back in November! That's far too long in my opinion, but I think this new brownie recipe will make up for it!
These brownies are definitely for the peanut butter lover in your life! Peanut butter and chocolate are such a great combination, and what better way to enjoy it than in a gooey, fudgy brownie!
I'm going to let you in on a little secret I learned very recently. How to get the perfect glossy, flakey, delicate top on your brownies! The key to creating the perfect brownie top involves a special technique: melting the butter and sugar together until most of the sugar granules have dissolved.
This recipe's instructions direct you to microwave the butter and sugar in 4 separate 30-second intervals, whisking between each. You can also do this on the stovetop, just reference the recipe notes for instructions. Doing this will melt the sugar granules and help incorporate the batter and create that beautiful shiny almost meringue-like crust to form on the top! Disclaimer: I am not a science expert, so if you have a better explanation for this reaction I would love to hear about it in the comments! 😅
If you make this recipe, I invite you to please share an authentic review and starred rating in the comments below, or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets! Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets!
Peanut Butter Brownies
- 9x9-inch baking pan
- parchment paper or non-stick spray
- heat-safe mixing bowls
- measuring cups & spoons
- ½ cup salted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee (or instant espresso)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line a 9x9-inch pan with parchment paper, leaving the edges to hang over the sides of the pan or grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the butter and sugar in a heat-safe mixing bowl. Microwave in 30 seconds increments, whisking well between each. You should do this a total of 4 times and the mixture should be smooth with no granules of sugar remaining. If making on the stovetop please reference recipe notes.
- Let the mixture cool for 10 minutes. Whisk in the chocolate chips, vanilla, eggs, and instant coffee. Finally mix in the cocoa, flour, salt just until no streaks of flour remain.
- Melt the peanut butter and powdered sugar together in the microwave for about 20 seconds (or on the stovetop). Pour most of the brownie batter into the prepared pan, reserving about ½ cup of the batter. Drizzle the melted peanut butter/powdered sugar mixture on top of the batter in the pan. Drop spoonfuls of the reserved ½ cup of batter over the peanut butter and then run a butter knife through the batter to create swirls. Do not overmix while doing this!
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes depending on how well-done you like your brownies. Let cool for at least 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,