Welcome to the 2018 Christmas baking season here at Knead Some Sweets!! I am beyond excited to be sharing some awesome new Christmas recipes in the next few weeks, starting with these fantastically festive Peppermint Chocolate Chunk Brownies!
These peppermint chocolate chunk brownies are soft, chewy and utterly decadent! They have just the right amount of sweetness with a deep bittersweet chocolate flavor that goes perfectly with a kiss of peppermint! Decorate with a drizzle of melted white chocolate and a sprinkle of crushed candy canes for a beautiful and festive dessert!
Here's some more Christmas baking inspiration! ↓
Eggnog Shortbread Cookies --- a classic Christmas flavor twist on a classic Christmas cookie!
Best Ever Ginger Cookies --- soft, chewy, spicy, delicious... one of my all-time favorites!
If you make this recipe, I invite you to please share an authentic review and starred rating in the comments below! Or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets! Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets! ♡
Peppermint Chocolate Chunk Brownies
- 1 cup salted butter, melted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup crushed candy canes
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks (or chips)
- melted white chocolate and more crushed candy canes to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Grease a 9X13-inch glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, vigorously whisk together the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract until combined. Add the eggs and egg yolk one at a time mixing well after each addition. Add the peppermint extract and mix. Whisk in the cocoa powder, then add the flour and baking soda and whisk to fully combine. Finally, fold in the crushed candy canes and chocolate chunks.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the center is set and when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with only moist crumbs. Let brownies cool to room temperature before decorating with melted white chocolate and more crushed candy canes, if desired. Enjoy!
Love and cookies,