These Peppermint Bark Fudge Brownies are full of festive goodness from the rich peppermint chocolate brownie batter to the white chocolate and peppermint bark inside.
Like my Peppermint Bark Cookies, these peppermint brownies are inspired by the delicious combination that makes up peppermint bark. Peppermint bark is typically made from milk and white chocolate layered or swirled together and topped with crushed peppermint candy. I used these Ghirardelli peppermint bark squares to make this recipe but you could definitely use homemade bark any storebought kind!
These brownies are rich and fudgy with a bit of peppermint extract in the brownie batter with plenty of white chocolate chips and chopped peppermint bark folded in. They are baked just until still gooey inside and topped with extra peppermint bark for a pretty (and tasty) garnish! If you love the chocolate and peppermint flavour combination, be sure to try my fudgy Andes Chocolate Peppermint Crinkle Cookies, these decadent Mint Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, or a mint twist on a Canadian classic dessert; Mint Nanaimo Bars!
⭐️ Why You Need to Make This Recipe
- Soft & Fudgy - These peppermint fudge brownies have a wonderful, soft texture.
- One-bowl Recipe - This recipe can be mixed up using only one bowl!
- Perfect for Christmas - The festive peppermint bark makes these brownies a great dessert for the Holidays!
Here are the ingredients needed to make these peppermint bark brownies.
- Melted Butter - I use salted butter for a bit of salt to balance the sweetness.
- White Sugar - You probably could use brown sugar in a pinch.
- Eggs - 3 whole eggs.
- Extracts - Pure vanilla and peppermint extracts are added to flavour these brownies.
- Cocoa Powder - I use Dutch-processed cocoa for its balanced flavour.
- Flour - All-purpose flour works great for this recipe.
- Peppermint Bark - Chop up homemade or store-bought peppermint bark.
- White Chocolate Chips - Use chips or chopped white chocolate.
See the recipe card for measurements.
Step 1: Whisk together the melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and peppermint extract.
Step 2: Add the cocoa powder and flour.
Step 3: Mix until smooth.
Step 4: Fold in the white chocolate chips and chopped peppermint bark.
Step 5: Pour into a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
Step 6: Bake for 25-32 minutes or until mostly set.
Hint: Add more peppermint bark on top while the brownies are still hot for a pretty garnish! Do not add before baking as the chocolate will burn on top of the brownies.
Here are some possible ingredient substitutions and variations.
- Salted Butter - I use salted butter for the salt to help balance the sweetness. You can use unsalted butter plus ½ teaspoon of salt instead.
- White Chocolate Chips - You could use chopped white chocolate instead of chips. Or change it up with semisweet, dark, or milk chocolate.
- Peppermint Bark - I think these Andes Creme de Menthe pieces chopped would work wonderfully in this recipe instead of peppermint bark!
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Freeze for up to 1 month. Take out a few hours before serving to thaw.
💡 Top tip
Make sure you line the pan well with parchment paper so that you can lift the bars out of the pan using the edges of the parchment and slice them neatly.
A Christmas treat usually made with milk and white chocolate layered or swirled together and topped with crushed peppermint candy
I have not tested this recipe with gluten-free ingredients, but I think it could be done if you have a trusted all-purpose gluten-free flour.
🍫 More Brownie Recipes
Looking for other recipes for tasty brownies? Try these next:
If you tried these Peppermint Bark Fudge Brownies or any other recipe on my website, please leave a ⭐️ star rating and write a little note telling me how it went in the comments below. Thank you!!
Peppermint Bark Fudge Brownies
- 9x9-inch baking pan
- parchment paper
- mixing bowls
- measuring cups & spoons
- ¾ cup salted butter, melted *
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup peppermint bark chopped
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line a 9x9-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving the edges to hang over the side of the pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and peppermint extract. Whisk in the cocoa powder and flour. Finally, fold in the chopped peppermint bark and white chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the center is set but still fudgy inside. Top with extra peppermint bark and white chocolate chips when still hot, if desired. Let brownies cool a bit before lifting them out of the pan using the overhanging parchment paper and slicing to serve. Enjoy!
- You can use unsalted butter plus ½ teaspoon of salt instead.