These one-bowl Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are unbelievably soft & chewy, fast & easy to make, and so addicting! Save this recipe for those times when you just need something sweet but don't want to go through all the work of making cookies!
When I say these bars are unbelievably soft chewy, I'm not exaggerating! These are the most amazing chewy cookie bars I have ever had.
Now, these cookie bars are good served as is, but I think they would be out-of-this-world delicious served hot out of the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! You don't even have to wait until they are cool enough to slice. Just scoop some out of the pan while it's piping hot and throw on the ice cream... my mouth is watering as I write this! Imagine the gooey melted chocolate and melted ice cream... This is making me want to run and make this recipe again right now!
This cookie bar batter recipe is very versatile, as well. Don't like semisweet chocolate? Use your favourite kind of chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate) instead. You could also add chopped nuts if you'd like! Or use mini eggs for Easter! You can definitely switch up the add-ins if you would like.
Here are some great brownies & bars to try next!
FOLLOW KNEAD SOME SWEETS ON SOCIAL MEDIA: FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, AND PINTEREST!
If you make this recipe (or have made any of my recipes!), I invite you to please share an authentic review and star rating in the comments below. Or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets and please be sure to tag me so that I can see it. Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets! ♡
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 9x13-inch baking pan
- non-stick cooking spray or butter
- parchment paper
- mixing bowl
- measuring cups & spoons
- silicone spatula
- ½ cup salted butter, melted
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Grease a 9X13-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray or butter or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla. Stir until fully incorporated. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt and stir just until no streaks of flour remain. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking pan, spreading it well into the corners of the pan and smoothing the top. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until slightly golden. Let cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,
Made these last night. They were so easy to make and chocolatey delicious! We also ate them warm out of the oven 🙂
Thank you so much for reviewing this recipe! I am so glad you enjoyed it!
These tasted fantastic (we ate them while still warm)! The stoneware baking pan I used might have been a bit smaller than 9x13, so it took about 30 min to bake, but we loved how soft and full of chocolate these were. Definitely a recipe to make again!
Thank you so much for the great review, Casey!