These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are fluffy, moist and filled with the perfect combination of spices and plenty of chocolate chips!
I am so excited to be posting my first pumpkin recipe of Fall 2020! Fall baking season is my favourite. The warm, cozy aromas that fill the house while baking with pumpkin, apple, or spices just thrill my Autumn-loving heart! I'm even drinking pumpkin spice creamer in my coffee as I type this...
That being said, I am kind of confused right now. Here I am writing a blogpost for pumpkin muffins and drinking pumpkin spice coffee while the thermometer reads 28 degrees outside! 28 degrees Celsius, of course (I'm Canadian)! That's about 82 degrees Fahrenheit for my American friends.
Point is, it's unseasonably warm here! We went to the beach on Labour Day (the 7th) and I got a sunburn. In September!! Usually, by this time in September, the weather has already turned to our cool, rainy West Coast autumn. Definitely enjoying these bonus summer days, however, I also can't wait to get into chilly sweater weather!! 😍
Looking for more great Fall recipes? Here are some of my favourites:
- Glazed Pumpkin Bread -- This pumpkin bread is in my personal top favourite recipes!! So, so moist and filled with the best combination of spices and the glaze is to die for!
- Apple Spice Muffins -- These muffins taste like Fall!! Perfectly spiced with a delicious spice mixture including allspice which goes so well with apples!
- Homemade Pumpkin Fritters -- No-yeast pumpkin doughnut holes that can be made in 30 minutes? Yes, please! Plus the glaze is amazing, of course!
- Best Ever Ginger Cookies -- These ginger cookies are perfect! Chewy, soft, molasses goodness with a delightful kick of spice from the chipotle and black pepper in the recipe!
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Frosting -- Need I say more? Pumpkin spice and salted caramel are incredible together!
If you make this recipe, I invite you to please share an authentic review and star rating in the comments below. Or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets and be sure to tag me. Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets! ♡
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- mini muffin tin(s)
- mini muffin liners or non-stick spray
- measuring cups & spoons
- mixing bowls
- silicone spatula
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- optional: extra chocolate chips to sprinkle on top
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line two 12-count muffin tins with muffin liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the oil, brown sugar, eggs, sour cream, pumpkin puree, and vanilla until combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir just until no streaks of flour remain. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop into the prepared muffin tins, filling each cup about ⅔ full. Sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top. Bake muffins, one pan at a time, in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Bake the remaining muffins.
Love and Cookies,