These Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies are so tender, buttery and loaded with chopped pecans and semisweet chocolate chips.Jump to Recipe
Chocolate chip cookies are, of course, the most popular type out there and for very good reason. They are just good. I mean, what's not to like about a buttery soft brown sugar flavoured cookie with chocolate chips inside. I love to add chopped pecans to my chocolate chip cookies but that is completely optional!
These chocolate chip cookies get their incredible softness from a special ingredient: instant vanilla pudding mix! Pudding mix is an incredible addition to cookie recipes for a soft, chewy texture that is hard to beat! A few of my other cookie recipes like these pistachio cookies and my lemon cookies with cranberries and white chocolate use pudding mix as well.
Here are some more great cookie recipes to try!
- Macadamia Nut Shortbread Cookies -- These shortbread cookies are so delicious and elegant!
- Best Ever Ginger Cookies -- My absolute favourite ginger cookies ever! They are chewy and delightfully spicy!!
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies -- These chocolate cookies are loaded with all sorts of goodies!
- No-Roll Sugar Cookies -- Easy, no-fuss sugar cookies?! Yes, please!
If you make this recipe (or have made any of my recipes!), I invite you to please share an authentic review and star rating in the comments below. Or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets and please be sure to tag me so that I can see it. Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets! ♡
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
- baking sheet(s)
- parchment paper
- mixing bowls
- measuring cups & spoons
- electric handheld mixer
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounce package instant vanilla pudding mix (powder)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl using a handheld electric mixer on medium speed, cream together the butter, vanilla pudding mix, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Add the vanilla and eggs and beat on medium speed until fluffy.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Add to the wet ingredients and mix at low speed until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped pecans.
- Scoop the dough by teaspoonful onto the prepared baking sheet, placing each cookie 2 inches apart. Top each cookie with a few extra chocolate chips, if desired. Bake, one pan at a time, in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden around the edges. Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Bake the remaining cookies. Enjoy!