Brownie Cheesecake Cupcakes -- brownie cupcakes topped with a creamy cheesecake frosting, finished with a decadent sprinkle of cocoa powder.
These cupcakes are perfect for when you can't decide if you want to bake cupcakes, brownies, or cheesecake! You can have all 3 favourite desserts in one with these wonderful cupcakes!
I know, I know, these cupcakes do look pretty over the top! But, I promise they are SO easy to make! The brownie cupcake couldn't be easier -- simply stir the ingredients together, scoop into cupcake liners, and let the oven do the rest!
The creamy cheesecake frosting is just as simple! Whip up some cream cheese (make sure it's softened for the creamiest frosting!!), powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and whipping cream to make an ultra fluffy whipped cheesecake topping that isn't too sweet! Picture a dreamy no-bake cheesecake filling atop a cupcake! It is definitely more cheesecake-like than regular cream cheese frosting which has much more sugar added.
My family loves these cupcakes and I'm sure yours will too! This would be a great dessert for the holidays. They are such a show-stopping dessert, but you would never guess how easy they are to make!
If you make this recipe, I invite you to please share an authentic review and star rating in the comments below. Or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets and be sure to tag me. Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets! ♡
P.S. Stay tuned for Christmas recipes starting next week!! <3
Brownie Cheesecake Cupcakes
- 12-count muffin tin
- cupcake liners
- mixing bowls
- measuring cups & spoons
- electric handheld mixer
- piping bag fitted with large open star tip (I used a Wilton 1M for the cupcakes pictured)
For the Brownie Cupcakes:
- ½ cup salted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
For the Cheesecake Topping:
- 8 ounces full-fat cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold whipping cream
To make the Brownie Cupcakes:
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Prepare a 12-count muffin tin with cupcake liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Stir together the melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, instant coffee, and salt in a mixing bowl. Add the cocoa and flour and stir just until smooth and incorporated.
- Distribute the batter equally between all 12 cupcake liners, filling each liner about ½ full. Bake in the preheated oven for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
To make the Cheesecake Frosting:
- Add the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl. Using an electric handheld mixer, starting on low speed and increasing to high speed as the mixture comes together, beat the mixture until smooth and creamy. Add the cold whipping cream and beat on high speed until thick and fluffy.
- Transfer the frosting to a piping bag fitted with your desired tip (I used a Wilton 1M for the cupcakes pictured). Generously pipe frosting onto the completely cooled cupcakes, distributing all the frosting evenly between all 12 cupcakes. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the frosting to set up more before serving. Top cupcakes with a dusting of cocoa powder right before serving, if desired. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,