These Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Scones are everything! Buttery, delicious scones filled with semisweet chocolate chunks!
How's your diet going? JUST KIDDING! Everyone needs a few cheat day every once in a while just to stay healthy and sane! Every day is a cheat day for me. #noshame
Since it is February, it's time for another scone recipe! So I present these delicious Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Scones to you for February's scone recipe!
Ever since I started my blog last June, I have prepared a fun new scone recipe to share on the blog every 2nd month. Why don't we recap all the scone recipes I've posted so far:
I posted these Ham & Pineapple Scones as the first recipe on my blog back in June.
These decadent Mocha Frappe Scones were posted in August.
Classic but totally irresistible, these Pumpkin Spice Scones joined the KSS scone family in October.
And of course, the most recent awesome scones: my dear labor of love Gingerbread Scones!
And now, for the first time on the wide-world-web (drumroll please!): Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Scones!!
They're rich, flaky, delicate and absolutely unbelievably tasty! They really are that awesome!
Perfect to whip up quickly when unexpected guests come for coffee or decadent enough to serve to your sweetheart for breakfast on Valentine's day!
Make these scones right away and you will know why I love them so much!
Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Scones
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup cold browned butter *, cubed
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 400℉. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and sugar together in a large bowl. Cut in the cold browned butter using a pastry cutter until the pieces of butter are the size of peas.
- Whisk together the milk, egg, and vanilla in a small bowl and add to the flour/butter mixture along with the chocolate chunks. Stir together until the dough just starts to come together. Turn the contents of the bowl onto a clean counter and knead the mixture until it forms a loose ball. Do not over-mix!
- Flatten the dough into a round about 1 inch thick and 8 inches in diameter. Cut the round into 8 wedges using a pizza cutter and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 14-16 minutes or until the undersides are golden brown.
- Let the scones cool on their baking sheet. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Stuck On Sweet
Thank you so much for reading my blog and making my recipes!! It really means a lot to me! 😘
Love and cookies,