Sundried Tomato and Smoked Cheddar Scones. Wow, just wow!! SO yum!
I absolutely adore sundried tomatoes!! They are one of my favourite flavours to cook with, so naturally, I had to create a recipe for my blog with sundried tomatoes in it! These scones were the product of my experimentations and boy oh boy are they delicious!! A soft, buttery scone studded with tangy sundried tomatoes finished off with the slightly smokey flavour of the lovely smoked cheddar cheese. My mouth is totally watering as I type this!
Of all the many scone recipes I have posted so far, this one probably holds first place in my heart! This is the 6th scone recipe that I've posted since I started my blog last June when I also started posting a new scone recipe every other month! This is also the first savory scone recipe that I have posted in my scone series (other than my garlic cheddar biscuits). I have some more awesome ideas for savory scones, so stay tuned for lots of great recipes to come!
If you need any scone recipes, here are some great recipes to try:
- Ham & Pineapple Scones
- Mocha Frappuccino Scones
- Pumpkin Spice Scones
- Gingerbread Scones
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Scones
I hope you love these scones as much as I do!
Sundried Tomato & Smoked Cheddar Scones
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¾ cup cold butter, cubed
- ½ cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup shredded smoked cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped into small pieces
- dried basil for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400℉. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and sugar together in a large bowl. Cut in the cold butter using a pastry cutter until the pieces of butter are the size of peas.
- Whisk together the milk and egg in a small bowl and add to the flour/butter mixture along with the shredded cheese and sun-dried tomatoes. Stir together until the dough just starts to come together. Turn the contents of the bowl onto a clean counter and knead the mixture until it forms a loose ball. Do not over-mix!
- Flatten the dough into a round about 1 inch thick and 8 inches in diameter. Cut the round into 8 wedges using a pizza cutter and place them on the prepared baking sheet, garnish with dried basil. Bake in the preheated oven for 12-16 minutes or until the undersides are golden brown.
- Let the scones cool on the baking sheet. Enjoy!
Love and cookies,
I've been wanting to make these for forever, and I finally had the ingredients! Yum, they are sooo good. I mean, how could you possibly go wrong when cheese and sun-dried tomatoes are involved?? They would be amazing served alongside a pot of homemade soup, but they are scrumptious by themselves as well! Thanks for another great recipe!
Oh yes, I really love these scones, too! Great idea!!
Thank you so much, Taryn!
Noel White | Beautiful Things
mmmm....these look SO yummy! I'll have to try them out!
Thank you so much, Noel!