Raspberry Lemon Coffee Cake -- soft lemon cake topped with a layer of fresh raspberries followed by a lemon zest streusel and a drizzle of creamy icing.
This would be such a wonderful way to use up the last of the fresh raspberries just going out of season now (at least our bushes are pretty well done producing for this year).
Lemon is such a lovely flavour companion to the raspberries in this cake!! The cake batter is flavoured with fresh lemon zest and pure lemon extract in addition to vanilla extract. A layer of raspberries goes on top of the light & fluffy sour cream coffee cake batter. Then a sweet, buttery lemon streusel follows which will bake into a crispy/crunchy topping with the tart raspberry layer underneath. After baking and cooling, a simple creamy icing is drizzled on top which takes this cake to the next level!
Looking for more raspberry recipes? Here are some of my favourites!
- No-Bake Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake: This showstopping cheesecake is pretty popular! Simple & easy + fancy-looking & yummy = a total WIN!!
- 2-Ingredient Raspberry Sauce Recipe: This sauce honestly couldn't get any simpler!! Would be perfect for topping a cheesecake, brownies, or ice cream!
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Pavlova: Such a beautiful and delicious summer dessert! And it's naturally gluten-free!
Follow Knead Some Sweets on social media: Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!
If you make this recipe, I invite you to please share an authentic review and star rating in the comments below! Or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets and be sure to tag me! Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets! ♡
Raspberry Lemon Coffee Cake
- 9-inch springform pan
- cooking spray
- mixing bowls
- electric handheld mixer
- sifter or sieve
For the Batter:
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
For the Topping:
- 1 ½ cups fresh raspberries, washed and patted dry
- ¼ cup salted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- zest of 1 lemon
For the Icing:
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Grease a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl using an electric handheld mixer, cream together the softened butter and sugar on high speed for 30 seconds. Add the eggs, vanilla, lemon extract, and lemon zest and continue beating on high speed for another 30 seconds or until fluffy.
- In another bowl, stir together the sour cream and baking soda. They will react together and the mixture will double in size. Whisk together the flour and baking powder in another bowl.
- Sift the flour mixture into the butter/sugar/egg mixture alternating with the sour cream/baking soda and mix on low speed just until no streaks of flour remain. Do not overmix! Spread into the prepared pan, smoothing out the top well. Arrange the raspberries on top of the batter.
- Make the streusel topping by mixing together the softened butter, sugar, flour, and lemon zest in a small bowl using a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over the layer of raspberries.
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 75-85 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for at least 1 hour before releasing the springform pan and transferring to another serving plate or cake stand. Whisk together the powdered sugar and whipping cream to make a pourable icing. Drizzle over the cooled cake. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,
Leave a Comment