This Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake is fudgy & decadent with a dreamy chocolate ganache glaze! A great way to use up fresh garden zucchini!
It's zucchini season! Zucchini is one of my favorite summer produce. Homegrown zucchini is always plenteous in July and is a wonderful addition to a summer barbeque or an incredibly hydrating ingredient in baking!
I personally like my chocolate zucchini cake with a hint of spices, like cinnamon or clove. This may not be everyone's favorite so feel free to leave the spices out. Or you could replace the spices with a teaspoon of instant espresso powder to intensify the chocolate flavor. Yum!
This moist chocolate zucchini cake is such a wonderful way to enjoy the fresh summer produce!! Easy to whip up and sure to impress! You don't even need an electric mixer to make this recipe.
This recipe is obviously healthy, as well. It has zucchini in it, so how could it not be healthy?! The best way to eat your greens, if you'd ask me! Stay tuned for another yummy zucchini recipe coming out next month! Hint: it's a muffin recipe!
This cake is amazing served with something creamy, like ice cream or whipped cream. Of course, it is also delightful on its own! The flavor of this cake is insane!
If you make this recipe, I invite you to please share an honest review in the comments below, or share on social media using #kneadsomesweets!
Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake
- 10-cup bundt pan
- non-stick spray
- 2 mixing bowls
- measuring cups & spoons
For the Cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- ¾ cup oil
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
For the Chocolate Ganache:
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ¾ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
To make the Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Grease a 10-cup bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves in a large mixing bowl.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, white sugar, brown sugar, oil, and milk until fully combined. Add the shredded zucchini and stir in. Add the dry ingredients into the wet and stir just until the flour is incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and smooth out the top. Bake in the preheated oven for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 15 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate to finish cooling before piping on the ganache (instructions below). Serve with ice cream or whipped cream. Enjoy!
To make the Chocolate Ganache:
- Heat the cream in the microwave or on the stove until it is very hot to the touch. Pour over top of the chocolate chip in a bowl and add the vanilla. Let sit for 1 minute before whisking to fully incorporate. Fill a piping bag with the ganache and pipe over the cooled cake or spread over the cake with a spatula.
Love and Cookies,
I made this cake for company. It was so chocolaty!! It was certainly a big hit with our friends.
That's fantastic to hear!! Thank you for leaving a review!
The flavours in this recipe are amazing. 😍 Instead of making a bundt cake, I actually turned the batter into cupcakes (for built-in portion control 😜) and baked them at 350 for 20 minutes. Perfect! (Especially good when warm right out of the oven.)
That is such a great idea - thank you for sharing! I'm happy to hear that you loved this recipe!
Lisa M Daly
A classic. I can't wait to have a slice! I added a tsp of vanilla, chocolate chips, and used buttermilk instead of regular milk. I also used light brown sugar instead of dark, because that's what I had on hand
Very good substitutions, Lisa! Thank you for reviewing this recipe!!