2-Ingredient Raspberry Sauce Recipe -- a perfect topping for ice cream, cheesecake, or brownies! All you need to make this easy recipe is raspberries and white sugar!
It is handy to have recipes for simple sauces like caramel sauce or chocolate sauce or berry sauces on hand for topping a cheesecake or to have on ice cream. They can add to a plainer dessert and make it into something amazing!
This raspberry sauce recipe honestly could not be simpler! Use frozen raspberries if you want to make some in the winter or fresh raspberries in the summer. You may adjust the sugar amount to your liking if you find it too sweet or not sweet enough, but I find ½ cup of sugar is a nice amount for 1 pound of raspberries.
This gorgeous, ruby-red raspberry sauce will brighten any dessert with a summery pop of colour even on these drab winter days! Just look at that rich colour! Perfect for a beautiful Valentine's Day dessert!
Keep your eyes open for a fantastic recipe to use this raspberry sauce for coming out next week!! Can you guess what it will be? Hint: It's a great recipe for Valentine's Day!
More Valentine's Day dessert ideas:
- Flourless Pecan Brownies -- ultra fudgy and decadent, these brownies are especially great if you are eating gluten-free!
- Vanilla Bean Rice Pudding -- vanilla bean makes everything a bit more classy, not to mention how delicious this rice pudding is!
- Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake -- this recipe is rich & creamy and the fresh raspberries make it so beautiful!
If you make this recipe, I invite you to please share an honest review in the comments below, or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets!
2-Ingredient Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- heavy saucepan
- silicone spatula
- measuring cups & spoons
- 1 pound fresh or frozen raspberries
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- Stir together the raspberries and sugar in a heavy saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat and cook at a rolling boil for 7-8 minutes, stirring often, until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Pour the finished sauce into a heatsafe bowl or glass measuring cup to cool to room temperature before refrigerating until chilled. Serve on top of ice cream or cheesecake or whatever you would like! Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,