These Mini Pumpkin Cupcakes topped with fluffy cream cheese frosting are not only adorable but also have the best texture and flavour from plenty of real pumpkin and a blend of cozy spices in the recipe. Everyone will love these cute bite-sized cupcakes!Jump to Recipe
The combination of pumpkin cake or cupcakes and cream cheese frosting sure is a good one. Something about the spiced flavour of pumpkin desserts and the slightly tangy flavour and creaminess of cream cheese frosting just goes so well together! I also love banana cupcakes topped with cream cheese frosting!
While I could have totally made this recipe into full-sized cupcakes, I thought that it would be special to make them mini-sized. They are truly so adorable and fun this way! You certainly can make this recipe into full-sized cupcakes, if you would like. Simply use a regular sized cupcake pan and liners and increase the baking time.
Need more pumpkin recipes in your life? Here are some of my favourites:
- Pumpkin Spice Caramel Corn -- This caramel corn is so delicious! The pecans are my favourite part!!
- Glazed Pumpkin Bread -- Truly the BEST pumpkin bread! The icing/glaze is so tasty!
- Homemade Pumpkin Fritters -- These pumpkin fritters are easy and fast to make!
If you make this recipe (or have made any of my recipes!), I invite you to please share an authentic review and star rating in the comments below. Or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets and please be sure to tag me so that I can see it. Thank you for supporting Knead Some Sweets! ♡
Mini Pumpkin Cupcakes
- mini muffin tin(s)
- mini cupcake liners
- mixing bowls
- measuring cups & spoons
- electric handheld mixer
- piping bag fitted with your desired tip
For the Cupcakes:
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin purée
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
For the Frosting:
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- 4 ounces full fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
To make the Cupcakes:
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line the mini muffin tin(s) with mini cupcake liners or grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the white sugar, brown sugar, oil, eggs, and pumpkin puree until smooth. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice.
- Add the flour mixture to the combined wet ingredients and stir just until no streaks of flour remain. Fill each cupcake liner about half full of batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Let cool in the pan before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling completely before topping with the frosting.
To make the Frosting:
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter and cream cheese using an electric handheld mixer on high speed. Add the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, mixing on low between each addition. Add the vanilla extract and milk and beat the frosting at high speed until fluffy.
- Frost the fully cooled cupcakes using a piping bag fitted with your desired tip. Sprinkle with nutmeg, if desired. Store the cupcakes in the refrigerator but take out about 30 minutes before serving to allow the frosting to soften slightly. Enjoy!