These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies might just be the chewiest of their kind!! Perfect textured peanut butter cookies studded with chocolate chips.
Bye-bye, crumbly & dry peanut butter cookies, hello chewy, gooey, soft perfect peanut butter cookies!! With chocolate chips! Does that sound amazing, or what!?
Once again, cream of tartar is the star of the show in these cookies. In addition to activating the alkaline baking soda, acidic cream of tartar works like magic to give super softness and chew to cookies.
If you love peanut butter, chocolate, and cookies, you will love these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies! Believe me, these might just become your new favourite! They are definitely one of my favourites!!
If you make this recipe, I invite you to please share an honest review in the comments below, or share on social media using #kneadsomesweets! Thank you for following along and supporting this blog!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- baking sheet(s)
- parchment paper
- large mixing bowl
- electric handheld mixer
- measuring cups & spoons
- rubber spatula
- ¾ cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy, whichever you prefer)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using an electric handheld mixer on medium speed, mix the softened butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until combined. Add the egg, egg yolk, vanilla, and peanut butter and beat on high speed until fluffy.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt and mix on low speed just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough by teaspoonful onto the prepared baking sheet, placing each cookie 2 inches apart. Bake in the preheated oven for 6-8 minutes or until puffy and no longer wet-looking on top. Let cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Finish baking the remaining cookies. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,
These are SO good - soft, and so many chocolate chips. I didn’t see where you may have listed how many cookies this recipe makes, so I made a double batch just in case (company was here); and I am not sorry we have such a vast quantity of cookies now!
Thank you so much for the wonderful review, Casey, I'm glad this recipe was enjoyed! (I will try to add a recipe yield, thanks for letting me know.)
Made these the other day, and the plate was emptied in probably 15 minutes! (Don't worry; I had some help! 😜) These are seriously so soft and chewy--my favourite kind of cookie! And this flavour combination is such a classic that I'm sure I will be making them again.
Yay!! That's what I like to hear! Thank you for the great review, Taryn!
I was suspicious of the cream of tarter tbh, but followed all the instructions and wowwowow🤯 made a reg size batch and my boss and one kid made them disappear within a day😂 i may or may not have hidden a few for later tho..but i just ate them instead of lunch so😂😂
Yes, the cream of tartar is kind of a strange ingredient, but it makes cookies SO good! So thrilled that this recipe was such a hit! 🙌🏻
I made these for Levi and his friends yesterday...so yummy!!! Definitely a recipe I will make again:)
That's awesome!! Thank you for leaving a review, Jasmine!
I have made these twice and they turned out great! Soft and chewy! Only problem is they disappear so fast!!
Yay!! Haha, so true!
Very easy recipe. I would increase the bake time by a minute next time....(from the 8 minutes). Very soft and chewy though and a classic, favourite flavour! Well done.
Thank you so much, Fenna! I'm glad you enjoyed this recipe!