Rich flavours of brown sugar and salted butter complement the toasty pecans wonderfully in these easy to make Pecan Pie Bars! Perfect for Thanksgiving dessert or a lovely addition to Christmas cookie plates!
Not too sweet, but still nicely gooey and rich with just the right amount of pecans, these bars are incredible! I love making all kinds of desserts into bar form. Like these Blueberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars. They're basically a perfect blueberry crisp made into a bar! So good!! I really should make pumpkin pie bars sometime... maybe next fall!
These pecan pie bars would be a fantastic and easy dessert to bring to Thanksgiving dinner, so much easier than making a pie, that's for sure!
I also cannot wait to make these bars at Christmastime! I love making all kinds of cookies and squares and candy at Christmas and arranging them together on a big plate to either bring to events or have at a party or on a smaller plate for a gift for someone. Kind of like a cookie charcuterie board!!
The crumbly shortbread-like crust in this recipe goes so well with the rich gooey pecan pie filling. Made simply with just butter and flour, the unsweetened crust ensures that the bars won't be too sweet since the filling tends to be sweet enough.
If you make this recipe, I invite you to please share an honest review in the comments below, or share on social media using my hashtag: #kneadsomesweets! Thank you!!
Pecan Pie Bars
- 9x9-inch baking pan
- aluminum foil
- non-stick cooking spray
- electric handheld mixer
- mixing bowls
- measuring cups & spoons
For the Crust:
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
For the Filling:
- 2 tablespoon salted butter, melted
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
To make the Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line a 9x9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving the edges to hang over the sides of the pan, and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl using an electric handheld mixer on low speed, beat ½ cup softened butter and flour. Increase the speed to high and beat until the mixture forms a crumbly texture. Pour into the prepared pan and press into an even crust. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Prepare the filling while the crust is baking.
To make the Filling:
- Whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and egg. Fold in the chopped pecans. Once the crust is done, pull it out of the oven, pour the filling over top and spread around evenly before returning to the oven to bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Let the pan of bars cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before lifting out using the overhanging foil. For best results, let cool fully before slicing to serve. Enjoy!
Love and Cookies,